torsion bar question

Search this Thread

Old 06-13-2001 | 10:04 AM
|
Question torsion bar question

Last night I adjusted my torsion bar setting. I followed the directions that I found on this board. I used a rachet and didn't count the turns, so I brought it back down and took it 2 turns back up. Every thing is equal. How will it effect my truck as far as handling etc. ? I also noticed that my fender wells now are raised up exposing some of the guts of the truck, will that effect anything ? should I get a front end allignment done ? I like the looks better, but I dont want to damage my truck.

thanks for any help.

Old 06-14-2001 | 01:55 AM
There's been a ton of previous postings covering this topic, just do a search on torsion bars. I would suggest an alignment, it is cheap insurance regardless, and will save you on tire wear regardless of whether the torsion mod changed it or not. My truck with 106000 kms on it needed an alignment anyways, and not because of the torsion mod I did on it at all.

------------------
'97 F-150 4x4 SC SB 4.6L. Riding on Sport King 265/75R16 AT's. ProComp 3000 shocks. Add-a-Leafs and rear block lift, torsion lift. Side Bars and pushbar. WMS Intake, Gibson SS exhaust and Superchip!

Wish list: 4.10 Gears, Hedman Hedders, 3" body lift, 33x12.5 MT's!!

Old 06-14-2001 | 10:49 AM
|
Thanks for the reply. I plan on have an allingnment done this week. My truck still is sitting lower in the front end, but not as bad as it was. I see you have the add a leaf and the block on your truck. Does that give it more lift or is that for heavy loads? I want to put a suspension lift on, but it costs about 1200 to 1500 for a 98 4x4. How far did you take your torsion up? j

thanks again.

98 f-150 ORP XLT V-8 5 SPD.
afraid TBS
K&N system
outland modular brush guard
westin nerf step bars
professional dual exaust stock side
extang soft cover
catch all floor liners
vent shades
professional tint

Quick Reply: torsion bar question