BFG Velvet ride Shackles, anybody have them?

Search this Thread

Old 04-18-2001 | 08:40 PM
|
Post BFG Velvet ride Shackles, anybody have them?

How do they work? are they worth the money?

Old 05-15-2001 | 11:42 AM
Question

I'm also interested.
Anyone have experience with them? Good? Bad?
Thx.

------------------
2001 F150 Supercrew 4X2 (Gen III), Lariat, Arizona Beige Metallic, 5.4L, Towing Package, 3.55 LSD, Moonroof, Captains Chairs, Premium Sound, Extender
Ordered 12/14/2000, Received 2/9/2001 Life is Good...
Modifications:
Line X bedliner, Ford factory splashguards, Black Westin Step Bars, Aux Back Up Lights, Advance Cover folding hard cover, Extender Lock, Husky Floor mats, New Factory Ford transmission (replaced at 2100 miles)

Old 05-16-2001 | 08:41 AM
Question

These sound great. I would like to know if anyone has them or not.
Back to the top we go!

------------------
01 Black XLT 4x2 Screw Gen I, 5.4, Moonroof, 3.55LS, Cloth Captains, Slider, Extender, ClassIII towing, 6 Disc etc.
Mods planned:
Gibson Single Sweptside, AirRaid, Superchip, Line-X bed liner, Fog/driving lights, Tint, Speed grill.

Old 05-17-2001 | 12:08 AM
Hello guys...
I used to have them on mt 98 Ford 250 Crew cab.
In fact I needed them because of the 3/4 ton ride. They work great for that truck...
If I recall...by their design they either take some load off, or simulate a load so that your springs are not as tense, therfore softning your ride.

So YES in that beast of a truck that I had... they provided a dramatic improvement in overall ridability.

PS: Here in Sacramento, Once I was filling up at a local Chevron, when a news crew was doing a spiff on the I-80, WX portion of freeway here. They were asking me a couple of questions about the road conditions...
Well the only clip they used on TV was this stupid one of me mimicking the ride in my f250, on that portion of freeway where the joints every 15-20 feet cause my head and whole body to bob up and down... so there was my 7.5 seconds of fame... Me holding a fake steering wheel bobing up and down...

The whols point to that story... Is that was before the velvet rides... it felt like my 01 SCrew does now...still notice the bumps...But alot smoother.

Late....

------------------
MY 01 SuperCrew
[*]XLT Package[*]MODS....[*]PowerAID T/B Spacer[*]AirRaid Kit[*]BORLA dual out the back, Phantoms Tips[*]SuperChip[*]Speed Grill (Nascar style)[*]Interior enhancements[*]White faced speed gauges[*]ROUSH decal Package[*]Rhino sprayed on bed liner, RED to match truck[*]SONY CDX-CA605X Deck[*]POLK 5x7 3ways in front, Polk 2 ways in back.[*]Lightning Wheels (ordered 04/25/01)[*]TOYO Proxes S/T 285/60/18"[*]Hellwig Anti-Sway bars front and rear (on order)[*]Eldebrock ISA's all around, (on order)

Wish list?[*]SuperCharger![*]MORE Suspension work

http://albums.photopoint.com/j/Album...&a=12179834&f=

Old 06-15-2001 | 01:06 PM

I noticed that you have the poweraid TB spacer installed on your truck and I wanted to get your opinion as to whether you thought it was worth it. I have also been considering a Borla Cat Back system for my truck - how is the sound and performance? I would appreciate any info you have. Just checked out the pics of your truck. Really nice looking ride. Where did you get the steering wheel cover and gauges? Was the gauge kit difficult to install?

Thanks

[This message has been edited by Jacap1 (edited 06-15-2001).]

Quick Reply: BFG Velvet ride Shackles, anybody have them?