10 " on a 2WD F150 Screw 03

Search this Thread

Old 10-27-2003 | 08:14 PM
I think the issue is image versus substance. When you lift a 2wd you are trying to make it look like a 4wd. Chicks dig that because it looks rugged, like you're some hardcore man's man like the dudes on the Brawny commercials. I personally like lifted trucks, whether they are 2wd or 4wd. However, I don't get why if you have the money to lift a 2wd like that and you live in OC, why you just didn't get the 4wd in the first place. There's some beautiful back country to be explored right around L.A. and OC, and 4wd let's you do it.

Old 10-27-2003 | 09:23 PM
No offense to you "OC" guys (or whatever), but this thread exactly illustrates why I'm glad I live in Texas

Old 10-27-2003 | 09:53 PM
Look, I got a little carried away with the insults earlier. Not my style usually so sorry 'bout that.

Icetruck, I think you are pretty accurate although maybe not totally accurate. Yes it is about image, people want to customize their truck to fit their personality and their personal taste. Some people (such as myself) like the way a lifted truck looks. Call it a tough look, call it a Brawny man thing if you want, what it really boils down to is that it is what we like. It is the same reason some people listen to rap music even though they are white, or wear a cowboy hat and waaaaaayyyy too tight jeans even though they don't live in Texas, or the reason guys have mullets yet don't live in Kentucky or the 909. People like things for different reasons and I don't buy that every guy with a lifted 2wd is trying to imitate a 4wd guy. I can add mods to my truck to fit my style and still not want to buy a 4wd because I don't want to pay the extra fuel and up keep costs.

So I say lift your 2wd trucks, wear your cowboy hat and painted on jeans in Newport Beach and sport that mullet wherever the hell you live. As long as you are happy and you can take having TV shows such as "The Mullets" with the sole purpose to make fun of you on the air, then it is all good.

That being said, I will leave my suspension how it is and put on bigger rims but not bigger tires. I have done the suspension lift before (yes on a 2wd) and it rides like ***** and with just 31 inch tires I got HORRIBLE gas mileage. And to defend my peeps in the OC, there is a rumor going around that there ARE other people outside of our little corner of the earth with a lifted 2wd. Now I can't corroborate this fact, it's just a rumor I heard.

JJ

Old 10-28-2003 | 08:53 PM
Originally posted by JasonJ
The thing is that when I got out of high school I realized I didn't need to put people down to make myself feel better. I pick on my buddies sometimes but they know me, I don't pick on some random guy on the internet about his preference in trucks. If I were to do that I would have to start logging on to other sites like the gay dating sites and make fun of guys on thejust because they like ***** across the chin and have obviously gay screen names like "Fords&Jeeps" or "Flawcee".

But since I am a man who respects peoples choices I don't need to do that.
You guys sound like a bunch of catty women, grow a sack!.
OKAY, NOW I DON'T LIKE TO TALK SH*T ABOUT ANYONE BUT ONCE YOU ATTACK THE CHARACTER OF AN INDIVIDUAL YOU LOOSE SOME POINTS THERE GUY. YOU TALK ABOUT US GROWING A SACK BUT YOU HAVE TWO PAGE LETTERS TO US ON THE FORUM ABOUT YOUR FEELINGS SACK UP YOU SOUND LIKE MY CHICK BUDDY. ANYWAYS FOR THE GUY WHO WANTS TO LIFT THE THE SUPERCREW BULLITPROOF IS MAKING A KIT RIGHT NOW THERE IS ONE FINISHED THE SECOND ONE WAS GOING ON ANOTHER TRUCK THAT I HAD BUT I SOLD THAT TRUCK ALREADY. SO IF YOU CALL THEM AN TALK TO BRIAN AND TELL HIM THE LIFTSHOP SENT YOU JUST MIGHT GET MY KIT SENT TO YOU 18IN ALL SUSPENSION THIS WILL PUT YOU UP ON 42IN TIRES OR 44'S SO 909-389-0444 IS THE NUMBER YOU MIGHT CALL IF YOU WANT THE TALLEST FORD 2WD THERE IS ONLY ONE OTHER KIT LIKE THIS IN THE WORLD AND IT WILL ONLY BE SEEN BY THE PUBLIC AT SEMA MAYBE HE WILL HOOK YOU UP AND MAYBE HE WON'T BUT IT COULDN'T HURT

Quick Reply: 10 " on a 2WD F150 Screw 03