Question for Max Mitchell

Search this Thread

Old 06-20-2001 | 06:48 PM
|
Question Question for Max Mitchell

Hey Max, how did your shocks and sway bars effect your ride quality. Is it better? I dont want a "stiffer" ride. Been there with my sports car...ughh

------------------
2001 SCREW, Lariat, 4x2, Two-tone Black, 5.4 V8, Cab steps, Leather bench, cd changer, 3.55
FloppyDonkey2180@cs.com

Old 06-21-2001 | 06:21 PM
|
Thumbs up

Thanks for the reply, how long did installation take on the shocks and sway bars. Any special tools? Can a novice do it?

------------------
2001 SCREW, Lariat, 4x2, Two-tone Black, 5.4 V8, Cab steps, Leather bench, cd changer, 3.55
FloppyDonkey2180@cs.com

Old 06-21-2001 | 07:35 PM
Cool

You're Welcome. The shocks and front bar are direct replacements and very simple; you do need a couple of deep sockets and some waterproof polyurethane grease. It's a great novice project; 10-30 mins per shock depending on skill level and tools, 30-60 mins on the front bar. The rear bar takes a bit more time and skill. Since no rear bar came on it, you must install a frame bracket with end links on both sides and 2 axle saddle brackets. You have to slightly bend the brake lines to allow for the axle U-bolts. You may have to adjust the parking brake cable bracket. If you want to mount it over the axle, you have to wrestle it into place and carefully align the brackets to clear the ABS sensor axle casting. These additional problems take more time and tools; I'd allow several hours.

Old 06-22-2001 | 12:26 AM
Cool

FloppyDonkey2180- The RS 9000s are one of the finest shocks made. The best part is that "you" can choose your ride quality. On the lightest setting, they ride softer than the stock ones that I had. The firm setting is too firm for me. You can tinker with them to your liking. I usually run 3 front, 2 back/4 hauling-towing. Setting 2 or less softens things up. The anti-sway bars do not increase harshness during normal driving. They're great on the highway during truck passing, high speed curved exit ramps, etc. BY FAR, the best handling improvement was the front anti-sway bar. It's massive, cheap, and easy to install. The body roll was vastly reduced during cornering with much less tire squealing. If you have any questions, don't hesitate to ask.

------------------
2000 F-150 XL, RC, LB, 5.4L, 4R70W, 4.10LS,
Class III tow, Payload #3, & Convenience pkgs.,
4-wheel disc/ABS, Chestnut/Parchment 40/60,
Ford bedliner w/Paintsaver & gas/wheel/spare locks,
K&N F.I.P.K. w/Outwears pre-filter, Superchip,
Dynomax ultra-flow welded 3" cat-back w/ 3" Y-pipe,
Hellwig front & rear anti-sway bars, Rancho RS 9000s,
Pirelli Scorpion Zero 275/60/16s, Mobil 1, K&N oil filter.

Quick Reply: Question for Max Mitchell