chassis tech 3/4 drop on 01' styleside

Search this Thread

Old 06-21-2001 | 07:19 PM
|
Exclamation chassis tech 3/4 drop on 01' styleside

I just bought a 3/4" spring/shakle/hanger kit from chassis tech. Has anyone out there put one of these on a '01 f150? Any specifics on challenges or problems you ran into would be great. Did you end up having to shim the back and camber kit the front? If so how much were these additional parts? What about carrying loads, helper springs or airshocks? Any help would be great. I'll post pictures once it's done. (Hopefully Monday)....

Old 06-22-2001 | 01:45 PM
I have a 00 Scab Flareside with a 2/4 drop. I'm not sure what brand it is, I got it out of the Ford Performance catalog at my dealer and had them install it. I love it! It makes the truck look wider and longer. The center of gravity is lower, so it corners better and my 2 year old grandson can climb into the truck by himself. My 87 year old father can, too! It is the same type as you are looking at and it rides just as nice as original. It didn't change the load capacity either, just the relative altitude. Two days after having it installed, my daughter called to help her return 87 landscape bricks that were 26 pounds each. We loaded all of them into the bed and while the mudflaps were scraping the pavement on the minorest of bumps, I was able to drive them back to the place where she bought them without any problem. Well worth the money spent.

2000 SuperCab Flareside 4X2
XLT w/Sport package
5.4 Auto
Bright Red ‘Radio Flyer’
2/4 Drop
BedRug
Lund Soft Tonneau
White Faced Gauges
Power Rear Slider
Flowmaster Cat Back and Y-pipe

Quick Reply: chassis tech 3/4 drop on 01' styleside