just got spindles

Search this Thread

Old 06-29-2001 | 02:34 PM
|
Post just got spindles

hey, i just got my new lift spindles. installing them later at my friends house. wish me luck and ill post pic if i ever figure out how.

------------------
F-150 2000 Reg. Cab
4.6 manual
K&N Air Filter

Future mods:
lift spindles
flip chip
exhaust

Old 06-29-2001 | 04:00 PM
4rdpwr: Have fun and good luck! It's not too bad...trust me.., but make sure to have plenty of beer handy. That's what I did. By the time you finish you'ld forget to tighten the castle nuts and to put the cotter pin on 'em. J/K...don't try this!

------------------
2000 Black F-150 XL,Super Cab, 4.2L, 5 Spd, 3.55, Flowmaster Delta 40, K&N Air, Tints, BugShield, Ventshades, Dual Chrome 3" tips, Hella 500's, Hella Optilux Superwhite Headlights, Fabtech 3.5" spindle lift, 2" Rear Lift, Fabtech Performance Shocks all around

Old 06-30-2001 | 05:38 PM
netwurk: I noticed you have Fabtech spindles, I am think about install a lift on my 2wd. How do you like the kit and did you have a reason for going with Fabtech rather than RCD or others? I ask this because I see alot of owners going with RCD...
Thanks, Darryl

Old 06-30-2001 | 09:35 PM
|
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Zerch911:
netwurk: I noticed you have Fabtech spindles, I am think about install a lift on my 2wd. How do you like the kit and did you have a reason for going with Fabtech rather than RCD or others? I ask this because I see alot of owners going with RCD...
Thanks, Darryl
</font>
Zerch911: i love my spindles. i just went with fabtech because thats what the shop had. i think me and my friend set a new land speed record for putting these bad boys on. it was so easy a 3 year old could put them on/ zerch, i would go witht the fabtech spindles. there great, i just had to cut a little off my bumper. the plaxtic skid part. goodluck

------------------
F-150 2000 Reg. Cab
4.6 manual
K&N Air Filter
3.5 Lift spindles

Future mods:
Smail Built Bumper
flip chip
exhaust

Old 07-01-2001 | 08:34 PM
|
well here is the out come of my truck. i like it alot.

Old 07-02-2001 | 11:52 AM
I went with Fabtech because that's what everyone on the board recommended. I was very happy with the spindles, instructions, accuracy, etc.

Besides Fabtech is got a long and good reputation for 2WD lifts. I felt it was worth the extra $$$. I'm sure the RCD's are also very good though.

Old 07-02-2001 | 11:58 AM
4RDPWR: Are you going to go with bigger tires? If you are here's a little advice. Pretty much everyone on this board has said that 285/75/16 is a safe bet because your not going to rub. Most of these people have the 3" Fabtech spindles, which were replaced with our 3.5" lift spindles. Problem is, these spindles stick the tire out a lot more. The track width on the front tires is huge. I had the factory 255's on there until yesterday. I bought BFG 285/75/16's and they rubbed. I had to trim down the front valence a little. Not much, but they did rub. I'm almost certain it's because these spindles bumped out the front tires so much.

Old 07-02-2001 | 03:14 PM
|
netwurk: i am running 285 at the moment and i plan on staying with that size. did you tires rub when you turned the wheel. i had to cut that lower piece of the plastic on the bumper . but i think it makes it look cooler with the tires sticking out more and the bumoer cutt. ill post a pic on where and how it looks after i cutt mine.

Old 07-02-2001 | 03:47 PM
That's exactly where it rubbed. I don't mind the trimming either. I like my setup coming out the side too. I would love to push the rear tires out as well, but I've heard that putting spacers makes it lug-centric instead of hub-centric. This, I've heard, creates balancing problems, etc.

Old 07-02-2001 | 04:39 PM
|
netwurk: now you know what would look good. bubble fenders in the front. my friend has some for his truck in his room. im thinking of stealing them for awhile. i think they would look good

Quick Reply: just got spindles