drop kit for 2wd screw

Search this Thread

Old 10-23-2003 | 10:00 AM
|
Question drop kit for 2wd screw

I just bought a 2003 screw 2wd. The truck will be mainly used on the interstates. I'd like to lower it 3"/4" and still maintain a quality ride. I'll probably install a helwig rear bar at the same time.

I'd like to hear from other 97-2003 F150 2wd owners who have lowered their trucks about what they'd recommend for kits and their ride quality and any suggestions. Also, any tips for installation. I plan on relying on my 40 years of home mechanic and restoration skills to do this project - but wondering about spindle changing vs ABS pickup problems.

Thanks
Eagleman

Old 10-23-2003 | 02:39 PM
Spindles aren't available for our trucks. A typical 3/4 on our trucks is done with a 4" shackle/hanger kit in the rear. The front is either done with 3" drop coils or a 2" lowered control arm and a 1" drop coil. Just be sure to install an alingment kit for the front to align properly.

Old 10-24-2003 | 08:04 AM
|
Thanks SUD5.4. Any idea on which company provides the best riding springs? Judging from what I've read on the forum, the Edelbrock IAS shocks provide the best ride.

Eagleman

Quick Reply: drop kit for 2wd screw