Anyone eles notice this?

Search this Thread

Old 12-30-2003 | 12:18 PM
|
Question Anyone eles notice this?

Before I lowered my 99' supercab flareside and after I lowered it, I noticed something odd. My rear wheels are not "centered" in the fender wells or should I say my wheels/axle are postitioned closer to the rear of the fender well or to put it another way, there is more space between the fender well and the tire on the front end side and there is less space between the tire and fender well on the rear bumper side. I am not talking about the height spacing, I am only refering to the horizontal spacing between the fender well and tire on both the front and rear of the tire.

The other night, I finally installed the rear leafspring center bolt with the spacer. This allowed the bolt head to go beyond the lowering pinion shim and insert into the opening in the axle plate that the leaf springs sit on. I was finally able to postition the axle exactly where it needed to be. However, I noticed this situation again.

I can not find another supercab flareside to look at, but I know my father's lowered 99' F150 singlecab longbed has its rear wheels perfectly centered with equal space between the fender well and tire on both the front and rear sides of the tire.

Has anyone eles noticed this on their truck? Does anyone know if this is normal? What causes this? Are only supercab flaresides like this?

Old 12-31-2003 | 02:01 AM
its not unusual at all. Its just a luck of the draw that the other truck you looked at was perfect. Mine is not perfect, nor is my friend's s10, or his dad's silverado and countless others...

Old 12-31-2003 | 03:28 PM
|
Thanks. I feel better now.

Quick Reply: Anyone eles notice this?