Sacto 150, what shocks you got?

Search this Thread

Old 01-20-2004, 11:18 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Sacto 150, what shocks you got?

Sacto 150,

Been reading your posts in this section. You have modified your suspension more than me! ha!

I noticed that you went from cutt lightning coils to eibach coils, THEN back to the cutt lightning coils again. I was going to get some eibachs, until I saw your posting of the eibachs "mushy" ride.

What shocks are you using? Are they working well with the much stiffer cutt coil springs? Do they keep you from bottoming out in the back?

Old 01-24-2004, 06:15 PM
Iron Horse,

I ran the Eibachs that came with the BellTech 3-4 drop I used to have on my truck. They actually dropped it about 3.5". I wouldn't call them "mushy" ,but "comfortable" ride.They were probably slightly stiffer than stock, decent ride for a lowered truck. I've got 1" over Eibachs now and they are definately firmer. My biggest problem with the lowered ride was finding decently damped shocks. BellTech's sucked, Edelbrock IAS IMO were a POS. I finally wound up with Roush/Bilsteins up front and a KYB monomax out back and was impressed with both, of course I decided to raise my truck back up after finally getting them right. Have all for sale if you want.

Old 01-24-2004, 09:00 PM
chrisg914,

Thanks for posting! That is some great detailed info! I have heard that the KYB MonoMax is suppose to be a great lowering shock.

Old 01-24-2004, 09:25 PM
The KYB worked really well, but they don't make a specific shock for lowered applications. I had to talk with a tech and let them know what kind of legnth and travel I was looking for to work with the stock rear spring rate.

Old 01-25-2004, 11:24 PM
Originally posted by chrisg914
Iron Horse,

Have all for sale if you want.
Hey ChrisG! I just noticed this last statement. I would be interested in the Ebach progressive rate springs and maybe the shocks. I tried some used lightning bilstiens (had 30,000 miles on them) and they were not good. They seemed too weak for the DJM 2 inch drop springs and the 3 and 1/4 drop stock cut coil springs. I will email you.

Old 01-26-2004, 10:19 AM
Originally posted by chrisg914
The KYB worked really well, but they don't make a specific shock for lowered applications.

KYB does in fact make shocks for a lowered application. In fact, So-Cal Speed shop uses/used them in their kits.

Quick Reply: Sacto 150, what shocks you got?