Body Lift and Warranty

Search this Thread

Old 01-22-2004, 09:44 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Body Lift and Warranty

I have a 2004 F-150 Heritage 4X4 4.6L. I'm thinking of going with a 3" body lift. I just got the truck about a month ago and it's only got 2,000 miles on it. I know certain mods will void factory warranties. Will a body lift pretty much void everything? Especially since I'm going to be running 33's...
Thanks

Old 01-22-2004, 09:49 PM
I also want to get a desert guard from fabtech for the front w/ the skid plate. Does anyone know if this will work after the body lift?
Thanks

Old 01-23-2004, 01:15 AM
In order for something to void the warranty the dealership must provide proof that the mod was directly responsible for the failure. Its like if you go in saying your limited slip went out they can't say you have a body lift so we won't cover it. The burden of proof is on their shoulders. Some dealers are better to work with than others with warranty work. As far as the fabtech bumper goes if it mounts the same way as the factory bumper it will fit fine with the bumper relocation brackets that come with the PA 3" body lift. The only catch is that it would be only for cosmetic use. The brackets are flimsy and wouldn't hold up well at all. The only way to make that sturdy is to rework the mounting brackets on the bumper to make it work without the relocation tabs, or to build a stronger beefier set of relocation brackets.

Old 01-23-2004, 08:23 AM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I actually went with a body lift because it wouldn't cause any warranty problems. My dealer actually recommended it. I would check with your dealer's service department. Some dealers are cool about mods and some are real jerks. If your dealer gives you any static at all, I'd start searching for another place to do business.

Old 01-24-2004, 12:14 PM
Thanks guys. I appriciate the info. I actaully have a family member who works for my dealer. After checking with him, well no problems! I'm getting the lift soon, and I was quoted at $620 for kit and install. This is using the trailmaster 3" kit. He recommended it over the PA kit. Good?
Thanks

Old 01-24-2004, 04:34 PM
Traildisaster over PA...............your safety I guess. Even though I'm not a fan of body lifts myself (yes I know, I've got one on my truck). Trailmaster anything is not really all that good. Alot of quality problems on both suspension and body lift systems as well as poor customer service after the sale.

Old 01-25-2004, 02:25 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I don't have any experience with Trailmaster's body lifts. Just make sure it includes everything. The PA kit includes front and rear bumper relocation brackets, steering extension, etc.

Old 01-25-2004, 04:42 PM
Yeah, I haven't had any experience with anything Trailmaster. I had a PA lift on my previous Ranger that me and a buddy put on and never had any problems after 3 years. I think the Trailmaster kit may cost more, so maybe they're just trying to cash in on me. But I'm going to request the PA lift since I have experience with them.
Thanks

https://www.f150online.com/galleries...w.cfm?num=5226

Quick Reply: Body Lift and Warranty