Warrany Alignment?

Search this Thread

Old 01-30-2004 | 04:15 PM
|
Warrany Alignment?

I know some of you guys out there have had you trucks aligned under warranty, and some even got them to throw in a set of camber bolts. My question is was there a limit (time or mileage) as to when you could still have this done? I was told 12,000 miles was the limit on brakes and alignment...

I had it aligned at around 10,000, but that didn't fix it, and I've now waited about 4 months to do anything more. Just don't always have time to just let go of my truck... and it now has over 15,000 miles on it. They told me that I should have said something within 45 days of the last alignment, which makes sense...

I plan on getting the camber bolts, and having a good shop do it this time... but thought I'd check on this first...

yes/no?

thanks...

Old 01-30-2004 | 06:36 PM
One year or 12,000 miles. My guess would be that it's a crap shoot on how you would be treated. I would shut you down since you already had one free alignment, unless I was promoting PR or future work.

Old 01-30-2004 | 07:33 PM
|
Well, they shot me down, and no I didn't have a free alignment. If I did my truck would be driving straight, but it hasn't since the day it drove off the lot... I just don't have time to take my truck in during working hours...

Old 01-31-2004 | 10:44 AM
OK. Sorry. Starting your post out by saying "trucks aligned under warranty", "told 12,000 miles was the limit", and "had it aligned at about 10,000" led me to believe you were talking about free alignment under warranty; my mistake.

Old 01-31-2004 | 01:53 PM
|
Well, what I'm trying to say is, they tried, but did absolutely no good. It's just as bad as it was before they did what they did, just pulls the other way. I guess I need to rotate my tires, since I think they did that at the time, and see if anything changes, it's time anyway... Then go from there, but if I have it aligned it will be at a local shop, and I'll put camber bolts on first...

Quick Reply: Warrany Alignment?