Noise with new lift

Search this Thread

Old 02-06-2004, 03:48 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Noise with new lift

Got the 3" body lift done, new 285/16 BFG KO and 16x10 Eagle wheels on last week. Looks great. I knew it would though after seeing cdiddy's and Wandell's. I'll post some pictures soon. Got about a foot of snow here, so I'm waiting for it to clear a little so I can wash the truck. I can hear the radiator fan now and I never used to be able to. Do I remember reading somewhere about having to move the fan shroud when the lift is put in? The guy that installed the lift is going to look at it next week, but I'd like to know what I'm talking about when I see him. If the shroud wasn't moved (lowered?), would I hear the fan more now. Seriously, I never heard it before, and now I hear it whenever the engine has a load on it above about 1200-1500 rpm's.
Thanks to all that have answered posts in the past. I got exactly the look I wanted.

Old 02-06-2004, 08:36 PM
if the shroud wasn't cut or moved,the fan would be locked up on it because it would be higher than it. you might want to look and see.

Old 02-07-2004, 11:28 AM
more on noise

Last night I noticed when walking around the truck that the noise from the fan at idle was fluctuating quite a bit from almost not being able to heqar it to definetely hearing it. I'm going to look at it more today since I finally have some time.

Quick Reply: Noise with new lift