8 inch suspension lift kit for f150

Search this Thread

Old 02-08-2004, 08:26 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
8 inch suspension lift kit for f150

do they make any 8 inch lift kits? if they do what websites sell them? also if anyone has a pic of thir truck with an 8 inch lift cud u pls post it... i wanna get 8 inch lift suspension with 3 inch body.... what size tires wud look best with that?

i kno its alot of ?s

sry

THANKS!

Old 02-08-2004, 11:38 PM
It jumps from 6" to 10", and 10" lifts have alot of flaws that will eventually destroy your truck. You can go with a 6" suspension and 3" body, but I wouldn't go any bigger unless you're willing do deal with all the problems (have yet to really see anyone who has had a 10" lift for more than 1 year and still has the truck)

Old 02-09-2004, 07:51 PM
need some more info... what year is the truck? if its pre-96, you can get an 8" from just about anyone, such as superlift, rancho, skyjacker, tuff country, you name it. as for a 97 and up, i believe you be limited to a 5.5, unless whiplash makes a new one for your IFS... as for a truck like this with 11" of lift, its gonna be real top heavy. this won't be ur only problem though.
as for tires, if its this tall, i'd guess 38 - 42's could fit at least, but your looking at quite a few problems... firstly, if its IFS, (97 and up) your frontend will bit the bullet, and destroy itself, noway it can handle dem big meats, if its a TTB (80 - 96) you should be able to get away with 38's, that my plan for my truck anyway. your rear 8.8, or 9", depending on year, will probably not hold up to such big tires as well, unless you beef it, which costs money. as for them bigger tires, you'll to regear the axles as well, so you can spin those big tires, somewhere between 4.56 and even as high as 5.13, depending on tire size.
also, with said amount of lift, youll go through ujoints quiate a lot quicker, and your front end will wear out 5 times as fast.
overall, your initial cost for tires and lift, will be miniscule compared to all the other things you'll have to take care of, if you plan on driving the thing daily. gears will be a big one, and ya gotta remember, running tires this big WILL take its toll on the rest of your rig.
good luck man.
John

Quick Reply: 8 inch suspension lift kit for f150