Spindle lift clears 33" SS Thornbirds?

Search this Thread

Old 03-03-2004, 02:25 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Spindle lift clears 33" SS Thornbirds?

Hey-

'02 Screw 2WD. Im considering putting on a spindle lift instead of a full blown suspension lift (yeah, yeah "go big or go home."). Anyway, anyone done one? What did ya think?

Also, will that clear 33" SS thornbirds?

I appreciate any help.

Thanks.

Old 03-03-2004, 04:28 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Yeah a spindle lift should easily clear 33's. But, do yourself a favor and stay away from the Turdbirds.

Old 03-03-2004, 07:48 PM
Controversy!

Whats wrong with those tires? I picked em because they are obnoxiously loud.

Old 03-03-2004, 08:30 PM
Whats good about those tires is a shorter list than whats wrong with them. You wanted to know whats wrong with them so here we go. They typically last about as long as boggers (10k, maybe a little more if you're lucky), they how WAY louder than my tsls or any bogger I've been around, they wander all over the road, unless the road is dry forget having any traction (rain and ice you're screwed), and forget having any performance offroad. I've wheeled with an S10 that was running it and as soon as he hit any mud they slicked right over. The only reason he got anywhere was the side lugs would bite the sides of ruts, but if it was flat ground with no ruts he was pretty much stuck since the side lugs couldn't bite. I guess if you like replacing tires every year and never really knowing if the truck will stay on the road if you hit rainy or icy roads then these tires are for you.

The only reason Interco even makes the Thornbirds yet is cause people who don't know **** about tires buy them right off the bat and then realize they suck, and the show crowd who buy them cause they look cool. If it wasn't for those people Interco would never sell a single one and would discontinue the line.

Old 03-03-2004, 08:57 PM
Whoa.

Well I guess the low life (10k) solves it. Nevermind then.

Thanks for the info!

Old 03-03-2004, 09:26 PM
Talking tire

sd supercrew,

If you like the mudder look of a tire and still want a good ride...I would go with the super swamper radial also known as the (SSR) I run nothing other than that. Im no offroader, I like lifted trucks with big tires just for the looks.

Quick Reply: Spindle lift clears 33" SS Thornbirds?