Switch Fabtech Shocks w/ others?

Search this Thread

Old 03-05-2004 | 01:01 PM
|
Switch Fabtech Shocks w/ others?

I have a 6in fabtech lift and 3 in body on 35s. i've had it for about 2 years now and I was curious if swapping out the standard fabtech shocks that come with the kit with something else would give me a noticeable difference in ride. I'm looking for a little bit of a smoother ride. it's not bad now. but should i invest in better shocks? if so, what do you guys recommend?

Old 03-05-2004 | 08:54 PM
OMG YES! change them now and change them quick. These fabtech shocks suck mucho donkey *****. These shocks are so stiff it is as if the pistons have are solid. These things my my teeth rattle. Get some nice shocks like ranchos, bilsteins, or edelbrocks and you will GARANTEED a better ride
I wish that i hadnt made that mistake but i gotta live with it until i wear them out or break them(and i am pretty sure they will break before they wear out.)

Old 03-08-2004 | 05:14 PM
|
Okay done. I setup an appointment to go in on Saturday morning to have the Bilstein 5100s installed. It's gonna run me $360 no tax since I'm paying cash. Good Price? I hope so. I was gonna go with the 5150s that have the small resovoire (sp) but was not recommended for the additional price:

They're not too bad of a shock appearance wise either. Better than the rest with the aluminum look:

I'll post the results - hopefully there is a smoother ride out of these

Old 03-08-2004 | 09:11 PM
I will put it this way. The Fabtech shocks so much that ANY other shock from a reputable company would GARANTEE a better ride that the fabtech ones. Now some of those pro comp shocks are just as bad. And those are some nice schocks. If, more so when i get new shocks i am going to get the edelbrock IAS ones.

Old 03-09-2004 | 07:17 AM
APT
Ranho has buy 3 get one free promotion right now. You can order the RSX for about $145 shipped or the RS9000x adjustables for $218 shipped from Sam's Offroad. Installation isn't hard, but a shop should be able to do it for $50.

Old 03-11-2004 | 03:50 AM
Installed for that price is great. I paid more than that without install. I would go with the bilstein's and not rancho. When it comes to shocks you pretty much get what you pay for. Bilkstien has a lot of experience with off road shocks.

Quick Reply: Switch Fabtech Shocks w/ others?