Roncho's or Not???

Search this Thread

Old 03-16-2004, 07:37 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I don't know if they'd be overkill or not. W/the other high quality shocks, what you get is what you get. W/the RS9000X's you can adjust them according to what your wife likes. W/the price they are selling for and if you can install them yourself, it would cost you no more than buying the best Gabriels or Monroes are Sears.

Although I have never used them, the RSX's are supposed to be a great shock also. They are just not as adjustable as the RS9000X's. I considered buying them if I could not get the RS9000X's on sale.

Old 03-16-2004, 08:16 PM
With the purchase of the RSX's I was hoping to eliminate a little of the body roll. With the original HD shocks, to make them ride better I increased the tire pressure to 38 lbs.
I have installed a Hellwig rear stabilizer also.

I went to a Midas shop and they told me my shocks were fine. I ordered the RSX's anyway.

Old 03-17-2004, 07:25 AM
well... they're on order. if she likes them... maybe she'll let me get a set for my truck... :)

Thanks to all for the info and the link to that site!!

Old 03-17-2004, 08:04 AM
I just installed my RSX's last night that I got on sale. Wasn't as bad of a job as I was expecting. Start to finish was about 2 hours. The worst part was getting the undercoating off my hands afterwards.

I've only gotten my test drive last night and my drive into work this morning to compare with but so far I like them WAAAYYY better than the stocks. Nice and firm but not rock hard. Can't wait to try them out with the trailer this weekend.

Old 03-17-2004, 08:33 AM
Originally posted by rksylves
I just installed my RSX's last night that I got on sale. Wasn't as bad of a job as I was expecting. Start to finish was about 2 hours.
Exactly what I thought. It took more time to talk w/neighbors than to install the shocks.

Old 03-17-2004, 12:01 PM
installed a set of 9000's last weekend, 2 hour job max for the 4x4... have 'em set at 5 front & rear. highly recommend them.

a little heads up:

18mm socket, & wrench to remove the stockers (the extra umpf of the 1/2" drive helps alot as well)

the tops of the 9000's were 14mm i believe. 16mm (F) & 14mm (R) wrench to hold the nuts.