Which Lift??

Search this Thread

Old 04-05-2004 | 11:54 PM
|
Question Which Lift??

I have a 2003 F-150 Supercrew 4x4 FX4 Lariat. I'm planning on a suspension lift. I've got it narrowed down to the three I think will be the best. 4" Rancho, 5" RCD, or 6" Fabtech. I'm just trying to figure out which lift with which tire size combination to see what the overall increase in vehicle height will be. I want to make sure I can still get my truck in the garage. I live in the midwest and spring time storms, with hail, are frequent.

Also, I heard the shocks on the Fabtech are not as good as the Rancho and RCD. And with the lift and new tires, I assume the higher I go, the more wear and tear I will have on existing components. I figure if I go with a 305 size tire, I should be able to get by with my 3:73 gears but any larger than that I'd have to jump up to 4:56 gears.

My question is does each lift give the "true" lift they claim? RCD told me thier kit will give my vehicle a 4" lift only, not 5" as they claim. What is your guys opinion on which lift is best? If any of you have pictures of your trucks with the lift size and tire combination please share. I'd love to see them! Thanks!

Last edited by Akita; 04-05-2004 at 11:56 PM.
Old 04-06-2004 | 07:21 AM
Talking lift

I would go with the 6'' Fabtech, Thats what I have and I love it. Easy intallation and you get the true 6'' lift. And about the shocks suckin?? Im happy with them.......maybe they suck if your gonna off road real hard. I have a 97'' F-150 4x4 with the 6'' Fabtech and 35''s SSRs looks great and its my daily driver

https://www.f150online.com/galleries....cfm?gnum=3950

Quick Reply: Which Lift??