My 94 F-150 4X4 steering jerks back coming out of a turn.

Search this Thread

Old 05-02-2004 | 11:13 AM
|
My 94 F-150 4X4 steering jerks back coming out of a turn.

When coming out of a turn the steering jerks back toward center.This is more noticeable coming from a right turn but it also does it from the left. So far I've had the alignment done. They checked all associated steeing and front end mechanicals and said they could find nothing wrong without dis-assembling the front end componets. I have replaced the steeing sector since still no improvement. could it be the power steering pump? Any Ideas??????

Old 05-02-2004 | 02:03 PM
I assume you have the auto locking hubs in that year model. The hubs are bad about staying locked in after the 4x4 is engaged. i had a 91 with the same hubs and when they stayed locked in the steering was quite weird on pavement. You can easily pull out the whole assembly and check it or try locking the truck in 4x4, rolling forward about 10 to 20 feet, and listen for the hubs to engage. Then put the truck back in 2 wheel drive and back up about 50 feet or until you hear the hubs click. This might not be the problem, but you should know real quick if it is.

Old 05-02-2004 | 10:41 PM
|
Re -JLcotney

Thanks for the response, I have Manual Lock-outs. Replaced those today with a set of new Warn's, still no improvement.

Quick Reply: My 94 F-150 4X4 steering jerks back coming out of a turn.