I am so closing to burning this thing!

Search this Thread

Old 06-09-2004 | 05:00 PM
|
Question I am so closing to burning this thing!

I have a 1997 F150 4x4, and I have the Fabtech 6" lift. My truck rides crappy. The shock on the front passenger lost its bottom mounting bracket, so the damn thing keeps breaking everytime I fix it. The tires, BFG 37x12.50x17, are the crapiest tires ever. They were almost new in January, and now they are dead in the water. For the price ($289), they suck. I am going a little lower, to a 35x12.50x17, and they have them in the Mickey Thompsons. I have found Mickey's to be a harder compound, and you can't beat the price ($250). The best tire I have found for a truck, if you can find your size, is the Remington Wide Brute. It is made by Dunlop, and the tire lasts the most out of any tire I have tried yet. It is not, however, good if you off-road like I do. I had a stick impale the side wall, and that has never happened before. But overall, they are a good tire. I am just frustrated with my truck. I don't have the time to mess with it. The first $10,000 I swear takes it. It is a great truck, and it is fast. What size of shock, and what kind should I use to replace these?

Old 06-09-2004 | 09:25 PM
Hmm......6" of lift and 37" tires......and you're bitching about it breaking. Been there, done that. You want a truck like that, you get to put up with the headaches that come with it. I went through all the breakage too, and I'm selling mine, but not for the same reason.

Old 06-09-2004 | 09:28 PM
|
Skied or Slammed?

Yeah, screw this lifted crap. I went from a lowered truck to a lifted truck (second one), and I am tired of jumping up and down. I am getting a Honda. Anyone want to buy this thing?

Old 06-09-2004 | 10:51 PM
SKYJACKER HYDROS

I'VE HAD SKYJACKER HYDROS ON TO LIFTED TRUCKS AND I LIKE THEM. TRY'EM OUT $35.00 EACH YOU MIGHT DO SOME RESEARCH ON PARNELLI JONES TIRES. TALKED TO SOME PEOPLE AT THE LIMA, OH 4X4 JAMBOREE AND THEY SAY THEY WEAR AND RIDE EXCELLENT

Old 06-10-2004 | 10:23 PM
i have a 84 f-250 on 44's you want to talk bout breakin stuff
but i love it you couldnt pay me enough to get rid of it

Old 06-10-2004 | 10:36 PM
Re: Skied or Slammed?

Originally posted by MixMasterMike
I am getting a Honda. Anyone want to buy this thing?
i'd love to have a 4X4...if the price is extremely low i'd buy it or if you want to trade for my extremely fuel efficient V6 (figured since you're going for a ricer i'd give it a try). ohh someone on here has a really funny sig too, his username is GOOSE "What's the hardest part about driving an import?
Calling your parents to tell them your gay..."

Old 06-11-2004 | 05:46 AM
|
I am done

Well, the price for this biotch of a truck is $10,000. Here is what it is.

1997 Ford F150 4X4
4.6 L V8
Fabtech 6" Suspension Lift
Eagle (I think) 17" Mag (Once again, I think) Wheels
BFG 37x12.50x17
3 door
Runs great, fun truck!

First come, first serve.

It has seen Glamis and the river quite a few times, so it has some miles on it, but they are not all hard miles.

Old 06-13-2004 | 02:21 AM
Not to be an a$$ but when people lift their trucks, put big tires on them, off-road them, and things break why are you bitching. If you think that your truck will take everything like driving on the road then you are fooling yourself. When you off-road things break. If you are using fabtech shocks you have a easily fitable problem. Fabtech shocks SUCK!!!! Get a set of bilsteins and spend the money on good shcoks as opposed to saving a buck and buying crap. If that doesn't work then go to a company like California Super Trucks(CST) and get one of their suspension systems for an affordable price and get rid of the Craptech kit. Good Luck.

Quick Reply: I am so closing to burning this thing!