02' supercrew fx4 lift question

Search this Thread

Old 07-10-2004, 02:12 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
02' supercrew fx4 lift question

I am currently in the market for a lift kit I was hoping somebody on these forums could point me in the right direction for the best all around lift kit for my truck. I plan on installing a 6" or larger lift with 35" or larger all terrain tires, & 17" rims.
I have been told fabtech is the best but only from people i know who own them.
Also, I would like to know any problems associated with various lift kits. I also plan on changing out the front and rear gears according to what tire size i choose.
Any general information would be great. By the way if anybody has any pics of a 02' supercrew with a 6" lift please post them so i can get a idea of what it will look like. I am shooting for 37" tires but i assume i will have to do a 2" body lift along with the 6" suspsension. Any problems combining body and supsension lifts?
Thanks in advance, David

Old 07-10-2004, 11:09 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I have a total 6" lift on my with 35's. I like the Rancho kit I have. 37's could be a stretch on 6" lift, especially if you buy wheels that have close to stock backspacing (4.625"). I would definitely regear with 37's - my 35's are quite sluggish with my stock 3.55 gears.

Mike

Old 07-13-2004, 02:52 PM
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
i like my fabteck lift it is really beefy and came with everything i needed, it was also pretty easy to install if you are on the macanicly inclined side, forget about 37 unless you go with a 3" body lift on top of the 6" susp, i cobined the two and i got some body role but that is to be expected i fixed this with high performance shocks and add a leafs, any q just e mail me hope this helps

Quick Reply: 02' supercrew fx4 lift question