Just lifted....

Search this Thread

Old 01-31-2005, 01:53 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Just lifted....

I'm posting a couple photo's of my 2004 Lariat 4x4. I've received several emails asking me to post some photo's. It sounds like allot of people want to run 35" tires, but aren't sure if the new 04 will handle it. I ran my Toyo M/T 35/12.5/18 tires for a couple months with ONLY the 2" front leveling kit. The ONLY rubbing I got was when I had the steering wheel cranked as far right as it would go. Easy fix... don't turn it completely to the right. After driving it for awhile I decided I wanted to lift the truck. I thought the 35's looked too big in the wheel well. I'm very happy with the Rancho 4" kit. The truck rides smooth as stock. I get even more looks now that it's lifted. I've never had a truck that soooooo many people stared at. Even Dodge & Chevy owners look and point at the truck.

Before the lift-

After the Rancho 4" lift-

Old 01-31-2005, 09:14 AM
Even though I've said it a bunch of times Rich:

You have an AWESOME truck

Old 01-31-2005, 04:38 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I agree!!

Old 01-31-2005, 06:49 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
ditto

Old 02-01-2005, 07:51 PM
Banned for Use of Multiple Usernames
Nice. Very, very nice.

Old 02-01-2005, 09:45 PM
Appreciate it...

Thanks for the compliments...

I love the truck!!

Only compliant is the sound system. For some unknow reason... my truck did not have the Audiophile installed. I recently added a small MTX amp and RE8 sub woofer. It does sound better, but my sister's factory stereo in her new Chevy Tahoe puts my system to shame. I don't want to spend a boat load of money on a new system.... plus I like all the controls on the steering wheel. It sounds like the Audiophile owners are pretty happy. I thought ALL Lariat trucks came with the Audiophile... that is why I didn't realize I didn't have it until I cranked up the tunes.

I should have my 9300 tuner later this week. I'm stoked!!!

Thanks again......

Before the lift.....

Old 02-02-2005, 07:57 AM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Old 02-03-2005, 01:02 AM
2004 F150 FX4 - LOOKING TO LIFT IT

Richgonfishin-

I like your truck. What style of rims do you have on your rig? I am also looking to lift my truck, either with a 6" lift. I wanted to know everyone's opinion on what lift to go after.....Fabtech, Rancho, Skyjacker or Pro Comp. Fabtech seems to be getting the most recommendations for the 04' F150. Any recommendations? I am going to put 315 - 70 - 17's on it when I go ahead and get it lifted.

appreciate the advice.

Fryartuk

Old 02-03-2005, 02:10 AM
My opinion......

I think the easiest way to decide is-

If you want 4" of lift go with the Rancho!

If you want 6" of lift go with the Fabtech!

Both kits are very well designed kits. I'm sure the others are as well, but I have no first hand experience with them.

Personally I'm very happy I went with the 4". I like the looks and getting in and out is just that mlooks and getting in and out is just that much easier. I know it's only 2", but there is a BIG difference between stock and the 4" lift. I could only amagine the complaining I'd get from the kids and wife.

I have Weld Racing Evo 445 Andro wheels with Toyo 35/12.5/18 M/T tires.

I'm enjoying the truck!!

Old 02-03-2005, 11:42 PM
YUP, that's awesome. GREAT MOD!!!

I wanna see some mud now!!!

Old 02-03-2005, 11:51 PM
I'll work on it...

I'll work on the mudd situation. I'm sure I can find some mudd somewhere.

Thanks,
Rich

Old 02-11-2005, 02:14 PM
Hey Rich... The truck looks GREAT!!!!

Who installed your lift for you? I remember reading in one of your prior posts that you were happy with your vendor for wheels & tires. I'm in the Sacto area too (KINGS, BABY!!!) and am looking for a good shop to set up my '02 Screw. Your mods look like they could have rolled out of the factory that way ~ like they should ~ neat and clean!!! Appreciate your input!

Old 02-11-2005, 10:18 PM
MXMOTOGUY

MXMOTOGUY I HIGHLY suggest you go see Steve at the Antelope Les Schwab. Steve is the manager and he's awesome. He went above and beyond. He even stayed an hour late one night cause he knew I was going out of town and wanted to show off the wheels & tires. They also did my lift. Go in ask for Steve. Tell Steve that Rich Lee suggested you come in a see him. I'm sure he'll remember the name.... if not tell him the 04 F-150 with the Rancho 4" lift kit. I have NO dought he'll give you the BEST price on a tire/wheel combo. You might also want to tell him I'm on the web praising his work and customer service. Customer service is hard to find these days.

I hope this helps....

Rich

Oh, here's the address-

Les Schwab Tire Centers - Antelope
7880 Walerga Road
Antelope, CA 95843

916-729-1339

Old 02-12-2005, 02:38 PM
Thanks Rich!

Thanks for the great referral! I'll head out there next week and I'll definitely drop your name. You're right ~ there are a ton of hack shops wherever you may live and when you find a good one, it's important to refer your friends! I'm glad to hear about the Antelope shop, because I stopped by the Folsom store near where I live and I waited for something like 15 minutes and wasn't even approached for help! Maybe I should have worn a suit & tie that day!

Thanks again! ~ Wade

Old 02-12-2005, 05:32 PM
I suggest...

I suggest you call the day prior to going in and make sure Steve will be there. They are all great, but Steve runs the show. Rich is also a very nice guy. But for the best deal.... see Steve. Good luck and keep us posted.

Mention you drove all the way across town cause I rat and raived about his customer service and prices. It never hurts to flatter them once in awhile. lol

Rich

Quick Reply: Just lifted....