body lift and brush guard

Search this Thread

Old 02-02-2005 | 10:44 AM
|
body lift and brush guard

i have a 97 with 3 inch trailmster suspension lift. I also have a manik grill guard which attaches to the frame of the truck because i have a 2WD, no tow hooks for me

question is, can i put on a body lift to raise my truck further (thinking about that 3 inch PA lift) but still keep the brush guard

i thought with the body lifts, you have to relocate the front and back bumpers to make things look normal again. if the bumper gets raised, then no more brush guard because it wouldnt fit like stock, correct!!??
also real quick, if i add 3 inches of body lift, does that still allow the 3 inch suspension lift to work. do the shocks just stretch more or soemthing to comensate for the increased height?

thanks for help and imput
John

Old 02-02-2005 | 04:26 PM
The body lift will have no affect on your suspension at all. Most people with body lifts and bush/grill guards have made brackets or modified the brackets to make it sit higher.

Old 02-02-2005 | 04:37 PM
All the body lift will do is raise the body up off the frame. This has NO impact whatsoever on any of your suspension. The bumpers will need to be moved up to match the lines of the truck. You can make the grill guard work, you will just need some relocation brackets made and any good fab/welding shop can do that for you.

edit: I guess Wandell beat me to the answer. I kinda forgot I was in the middle of making a post this morning and came back to finish it 4 hrs later

Last edited by powerstroke73; 02-02-2005 at 09:09 PM.
Old 02-02-2005 | 06:06 PM
|
awsome thats good then. i found a good 4x4 shop around the buffalo area so i'll head to them soon and tell them what i need done, hopefully they will help. thank you for your help it is very appreciated. as usual this sites the best and everybody comes through!!
thanks!!!
John

Old 02-02-2005 | 08:00 PM
I did it on my 98 , So you know it can be done

Quick Reply: body lift and brush guard