leveling a truck permanently

Search this Thread

Old 02-02-2005 | 03:52 PM
|
leveling a truck permanently

Hello all,

I recently bought a 1992 F-150 extended cab long bed, 74,000 miles, 5.8L, auto trans, seems to have a tow package (trans cooler). My predicament is that I have a vet box bed insert that I have inserted and the truck squats 1.5-2 inches. What would be the best method for leveling the truck out? This insert will be in the bed permanently, do I go with helper springs, air bag, or just add a leaf spring? I know that I am very near the GVWR anything else I should do? This is a graduation gift for my wife as she is graduating from vet school this spring and I want to have this all set up properly before I give it to her! Any other things you think I should do as in routine maintenance before I give it to her? I would have loved to buy her a new 3/4 ton and new vet box....da*n student loans.

Thanks for any help

Old 02-02-2005 | 04:27 PM
I would go with an add-a-leaf.

Old 02-02-2005 | 06:01 PM
i agree on the add a leaf but also think you should have the springs checked if they are original they're probably sagging some and you can get new ones installed and kill two birds with one stone if you get heavy duty springs you might not need the add a leafs

Quick Reply: leveling a truck permanently