help with 2" lift and rancho...

Search this Thread

Old 03-07-2005 | 12:59 PM
|
help with 2" lift and rancho...

Hello all,
I order my 2005 FX4 flareside scab with 6.5' bed about two weeks ago. I'm starting to figure out what options I am going to add to it.
So far I know that I want the RS9000X shocks with the remote adjust kit. I already have a DIN sized radio and was contemplating what to put in the double din hole with the radio, so I am going to put the rancho remote kit in there.

My question though, I want to level and lift the truck 2" at the same time. So the rear would need a 2" and the front would need a 4" lift ( to level it out). I am curious as to what my options are to do this. I want to do it cheaply but correctly. Since it's such a minor lift do I need to buy a kit? How can I accomplish this lift and use the Rs9000x shocks with out breaking the bank?

Old 03-07-2005 | 06:29 PM
Sorry, but you can't lift the front 4 inches cheaply. You will have to buy a complete suspension lift. The cheapest thing you can do is install a 2.5 inch leveling kit and a 3 inch body lift. I don't think Rancho makes a replacement coilover shock for the 04-05 F-150's, other than the one that comes with their 4 inch lift kit.

Quick Reply: help with 2" lift and rancho...