Body Cab Mounts

Search this Thread

Old 03-08-2005 | 01:22 PM
|
Body Cab Mounts

How difficult is it to replace the body cab mounts? I don't want a body lift, but the cab mounts seem to creak a little like they're old, so I was thinking about replacing them with a polyurethane replacement set. I found the parts for around $110, but I want to make sure I'm not getting in over my head on the installation before I purchase them. I looked under the cab and could see a couple mounts and couldn't really tell at a glance how I was supposed to replace them.

I'm a pretty good/well experienced mechanic. I do all the work on my truck and personally installed all my other aftermarket parts. So I'm not afraid of a little work. Just wanting to make sure I know what I'm getting into. Any advice is appreciated.

Old 03-08-2005 | 01:34 PM
Those aren't an item that typically go bad, especially in only 5 years. How old are your shocks?

Old 03-10-2005 | 12:07 PM
|
Shocks are about 2½ years / 40K miles old. I'm also thinking to replace the coil springs, but I can't find any that are stock height or less than 2" drop. I definitely don't want the truck to be any taller.

Jeff

Old 03-10-2005 | 02:38 PM
ucf,

First, just gotta say, your supercab flareside, is one of the nicest trucks I have ever seen.

I have not changed the cabmounts. ALthough, I have replaced the control arm bushings with polyurethane verisons. I thought about the full kit that included the cab mounts. However, I was told that they would squeak a lot (red ones do, the black one do not as much) and make the ride much stiffer yet harder as well.

Belltech and JDM make coil springs for our trucks with as little as a 1 inch lowering. An f150online member named, "Ruslow" can make you coil springs any height you want with any spring rate you want. He can generally be found in the Lightning section. He is a cool guy to talk to.

Most shocks generally are worn out at 35,000 to 45,000 miles.

Quick Reply: Body Cab Mounts