installing a FabTech 2wd lift kit ?'s

Search this Thread

Old 03-18-2005 | 04:06 PM
|
installing a FabTech 2wd lift kit ?'s

I just bought a used set of FabTech 3" spindles and some 3 1/2" springs for the front my 2wd 2001 F-150 ex-cab.

Also bought a set of Rancho 9000 front stock for a 3"lift (because of the spindles)

My question is what else do I need to buy to install this lift the right way?

What size rear blocks or should I use add-a-leafs?

Should I replace the ball pionts?

What about longer brake lines? Do I need them?

Old 03-21-2005 | 09:55 AM
Truck of the Month
I self installed my 3.5in fabtech spindles and daystar coil spacer. It gave me a total of 5in of lift in front and 4in in back (i used a 2in block and a add-a-leaf)

I think with the longer shocks you will need a new control arm, but im not 100% sure, maybe somebody else can chime in on that.

Your going to need probably 4 to 5in of lift in the back to level the truck out. You could do a 3in block and a add a leaf.

I would only replace the ball joints if they need to be or if they look like they will in the near future.

I didnt need longer break lines for my lift, but my lift is 1 to 2 shorter than yours.

Your probably going to need an alignment cam kit, to get your truck realighned. Your going to need ball joint pullers to swap out the spindles. Dont forget longer u bolts for the blocks (they should come together but make sure.)

I've never installed springs so im not sure what you may need to do that. When i put my spacer's on my factory spings it was fairly easy though to take out and put back in.

And make sure you have some tall jack stands or some wood or bricks to go under the jack stands and a nice and tall jack.

Quick Reply: installing a FabTech 2wd lift kit ?'s