Fabtech 6" installed

Search this Thread

Old 03-31-2005 | 11:50 AM
|
Smile Fabtech 6" installed

It was a very interesting project. Right now the truck is at the alignment shop. They were kind of surprise of all those blue parts under the truck. I know its the first time they see one of these and I hope everything is going to be OK.

Right now I have to have my lunch but I will keep in touch with my Holy Week adventure with the suspension lift.

Old 03-31-2005 | 12:04 PM
post some pics i love seeing lifted fords

Old 04-01-2005 | 08:13 AM
|
The photos will have to wait since right now it's ugly. I did not installed the rear lift blocks and still running the 3" Superlift blocks that I bought long time ago. Even with the 4" Fabtech blocks it will sag at the rear, so I am trying to get hangers to get the desire rear lift and removing the old blocks at the same time. I prefer the rear being a little bit higher than the front.

Alignment came in very well. Camber and caster was OK at the machine and obviously they adjusted toe in and toe out since I cut 3/8" of both ends of the outer tie rods. I did a visual alignment good enough to get to the shop.

Still waiting for my impact struts since they send short ones. No problem to finish the project at the front because Kenny of Fabtech told me these are basically cosmetic. So I'll wait until later since these struts will go to my brother's home in Miami and then to San Juan, PR. They do not ship to PR.

Today I will decide what rear combination I will buy to get the lift. And I still have to update my signature.

Hey, bigtruck311, where did you get your 4.88's and what price?

Last edited by JMTruck; 04-01-2005 at 08:21 AM.
Old 04-01-2005 | 11:09 AM
i think they are yukon, i couldnt find the box they came in, been in about 1 1/2 years, got them at 4wheel parts, cant remember how much i paid for them it was pretty cheap tho, did install myself

Old 04-01-2005 | 01:44 PM
|
Question

bigtruck311

How many gears did you installed before doing the truck's? I would like to learn but not sure if I want to practice or start with my truck. I am starting to look for help in this department and saving $$$ to purchase them.

Old 04-01-2005 | 01:46 PM
|
Question

Almost forgot, how many inches of rear lift did you got from the ProComp add-a-leafs?

Old 04-01-2005 | 03:26 PM
i got 2.5" from the leafs, and i have done lots of gear changes in the past more than i can count, if you are a good mech. and can follow derections and have the pateince to pull the gears in and out multiple times to get it all right i would do it if i was you, the speceal tools you will need are a bearing press, micromiter, and backlash indicator, it took me about 4-6 hours to do my front and rear gears, since it is your first time expect it to take the whole weekend to do it right, 30000 on mine and no problems, i get alittle off throttle wine but that is expected with the lower ratios, good luck need more info let me know

Old 04-01-2005 | 03:49 PM
|
Thumbs up

Sounds encouraging, first I will buy the gears and in the meantime I will get quotes on the job.

I like buying tools, so let's see what I decide at the end.

Old 04-11-2005 | 07:10 AM
|
Pro Comp Add A Leaf are in. Feels a little more bumpier but I can deal with that for now. I think it is basically level. A little bit more altitude in the rear would be nice. The ride is good.

For the first time since way back last year I wash it. Poor baby needed some tender loving.

Next project is to fix one of the brake switch wires that is loose and then, the rear brakes shoes.

Quick Reply: Fabtech 6" installed