FYI - shock issues

Search this Thread

Old 04-09-2005, 09:17 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
FYI - shock issues

I don't know if anyone has ran into this problem but the Rancho RS5000's front shocks are a little off. From the start when you tighten the top bolt and the rubber bushing smashes slightly everything seems fine. About a week later in the steering a wheel I felt some weird vibrations. Come to find out the shock settled and the bushing flattened a little and was no longer tight. Tried to tighten and found out there were no more threads. I currentyl installed 5 washers to gain some threads back and have a question into Rancho about this right now. Truck suspension is factory. Many people may be having this problem and not realize it. you may want to check it out.

Old 04-09-2005, 11:45 PM
I havent had that problem with mine...

Old 04-11-2005, 10:52 AM
I just installed Rancho RSXs on my F-150. I tightened everything up on mine during installation and then after about 200 miles went back and checked everything to make sure it was tight. The back shocks were still tight, but the front shocks had over 1/4 of an inch that they could be tightened. They still had plenty of threads so I just tightened them down. Since I re-tightened them I have had no problems. My front shocks seemed very hard to install compared to how easily others have done the installation on here. Took me along time to get the shocks in place after I took the old shocks out. Could the fact that my truck is 4x4 make this difference? Makes we wonder if I screwed up on the installation, but everything is working great now.

Old 04-13-2005, 12:42 PM
I just recently replaced my stock shocks with the Rancho RSX. The fronts were a little snug in the bottom and I had to use a screw driver to wiggle them into place. I tightened the top down until I compressed the top bushing a little while the wheels were off the ground. When I lowered the truck it compressed the bottom bushing then I tightened the bolt tight. I had plenty of threads to get them tight. While changing the shocks I also changed the spare tire winch so I did the rears with the spare down. Total install time of 1.5 hours.

Reloader55

Quick Reply: FYI - shock issues