Monroe Reflex?

Search this Thread

Old 04-28-2005, 06:06 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Monroe Reflex?

I need to replace the shocks on my 2001 F150. Monroe suggest the Reflex on the front and Sensa-trac Load Adjusting Shock Absorbers in the rear. Stating that when I pull the boat the rear won't squat and the ride will not suffer when there is no load. Any one have any experience with these shocks? Another idea was to use the Reflex all the way around and add a leaf kit for the time I am pulling the boat.

Old 04-28-2005, 06:47 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I put 4 Reflex shocks on my truck a month after buying it last Autumn. In my opinion, the ride is vastly improved over OEM shocks. The Reflex have a very smooth ride for when you want to cruise along and enjoy the finer things in life. But they are also quite progressive and really work to keep the rubber on the road in rough or aggressive situations.

I pull a trailer sometimes and I might have as much as 4000 on it, with 400-500 lbs tongue weight. The truck squats a little but handles very well. Shocks have nothing to do with the truck squatting when loaded. That is what the springs do.

Oh- with these shocks my truck rides better than my dad's 5 y.o. Cadillac and just about as nice as my neighbor's '04 Grand Marquis. I'm getting spoiled with the nice ride, I hate riding in other people's trucks.

Last edited by RockyJSquirrel; 04-28-2005 at 06:51 PM.

Quick Reply: Monroe Reflex?