Q's about lifting truck

Search this Thread

Old 05-08-2005, 05:46 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Q's about lifting truck

Didn't see a specific suspension forum so I guess this is the best place to ask....

How do lifted trucks handle? Obviously the higher center of gravity will lower the handling ability, but will the heavier duty components compensate or will it inevitably still handle worse compared to stock? Of course im not going to drive it around like a sprots car but what about times when evasive maneuvers are needed on the highway when trying to avioid something/someone? The higher ride height will help you see obstructions ahead of time, but may not always the case.

Thanks for any responses.

Old 05-08-2005, 10:31 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
My Screw drives exactly as it did stock. The wider track created by my wider wheels offset the 3 inches of height that my body lift created. Generally, the higher you go, the more the handling is affected. How much lift did you have in mind? Obviously there will be a big difference in handling between my truck and one with 9 inches of lift and 38 inch tires.

Old 05-09-2005, 09:58 AM
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
my truck rides awsome, it is kinda stiff but that is how i likeit, my center of gravity is higher than most(11" of lift) so i have to take corners alittle slower but that is it if you do it right you can get a lifted truck to ride just as nice if not better than stock, it might take awile and some money trying difrnt combos of shocks ect. but it can be done, good luck

Old 05-09-2005, 12:17 PM
Wat thinking of a 4-6" lift max. Using either the Rancho kit or the Fabtech....

Old 05-09-2005, 12:37 PM
I have the Fabtech 6", Like bigtruck stated you can set it up the way you want your ride to be. I have mine set up pretty soft. It is only on road and soft sand down here. I am running 35/13 wide tires, so it is well balanced with the higher center of gravity. It does not feel top heavy.
Good luck in selecting a kit.

Yes you can see over all the traffic.

Quick Reply: Q's about lifting truck