Want to lift 04 FX4?

Search this Thread

Old 05-18-2005 | 06:06 PM
|
Want to lift 04 FX4?

I would like personal reviews of the lift kits for a 2004 FX4? I am trying to decide which lift kit to go with? Pro-Comp, Rancho, of Fabtech. Was also wondering if any ofthese kits are bolt on or due the require any welding. I can spin wrenchs but I can't weld that good.

Old 05-18-2005 | 10:23 PM
You may want to check over in the 04-05 forum. A lot of those guys tend to only post over there. Personally, I'd recommend the Fabtech based on the reviews I've read from owners here and at FTW.

Old 05-19-2005 | 12:32 AM
here ya go

I have a 6" Fabtech on my 04 F150 and love it! No problems at all.
Here is the link (hopefully) to my gallery so you can see if you'd like.

https://www.f150online.com/galleries....cfm?gnum=5881

Old 05-22-2005 | 03:14 PM
Heres the deal...

FabTech is awsome, had it on my Trundra...no problems and they are definately worth the price you pay for it. One downside is the lift is irreversible. Once you lift and decide its not for you, cant be undone without spending major bucks. FabTech requires some trimming of certain areas.

Rancho is completely reversible. No cutting required and you can run stock wheels with it without a problem. Only downside is that its not a 6" lift like FabTech or ProComp. Rancho shocks are supposedly real good and this is the kit Im looking at when I do a full suspension lift.

ProComp...to me, is junk. I havent read anything great about it, especially if you plan on doing to hard core wheel'in. Saw somewhere on these forums...ProComp bent the shock tower mount area and he ended up selling the truck, even after he had it fixed because the ProComp just gave him a bad taste as far as quality. The lift requires cutting as well and cant be reveresed. Take a look at all 3 lifts..pictures of parts etc...Rancho and FabTech have my vote...ProComp I wouldnt consider...at least for an 04...just my 2 cents.

Quick Reply: Want to lift 04 FX4?