Rear Suspension Help - Please

Search this Thread

Old 06-24-2005, 10:37 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Rear Suspension Help - Please

I am trying to finish my Roush installation on my 2002 Lightning and have run into a problem with the right rear leaf. I have the left installed ok. I can't get the right rear leaf to align properly. With the spring in place - the pin located in the axle - the front end of the spring won't align with the frame mount hole. When I first removed the old spring and put the new one in place it was off about 1/2 the hole. I have the axle on jack stands and a floor jack under the hitch. I tried lowering the floor jack some - that didn't help . Then i raised it - that didn't help. Then I lowered it - still no help. Each time I raise or lower it gets off further. I need some ideas - what should I do to get it aligned?

Thanks,
Bob
Bob

Old 06-24-2005, 10:42 PM
leave the u-bolts a little loose until it is all hung, then it will center up when you screw them down......this should work......

Old 06-24-2005, 10:47 PM
Colorado Osprey

Thanks for the response.

So, I should mount it on the frame and the shackles then attach the u-bolts and when I snug it it will center the pin on the axle?l

Bob

Old 06-25-2005, 06:09 PM
Thanks again. I was able to mount/hang the spring and manipulate the axle into the correct position.

Quick Reply: Rear Suspension Help - Please