Beware of DJM Suspension

Search this Thread

Old 12-23-2005, 03:11 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs down Beware of DJM Suspension

Ok, heres the scenerio about 2 months ago I waqs looking for a 2-3" / 4-5" drop for my '05 screw 4x4. I called DJM and talked to one of their people in the tech dept. , and told them what I have and what I wanted. I was told that the front spindles on the 4x4 was the same as the 2x4 and they would work. so I ordered a system from Stylin Concepts as they had a sale going on, got the system and "DJM" sent the wrong spindles, called them and they told me I had to go through Jegs. I did and Jegs gladly helped. I got the new spindles and now I WAS going to install them this weekend and went to DJMs site to get instructions and saw that they updated the site and now have all new spindles for the 4x4.
So I called them and now they say "Oh no the spindles are different" duh... I told him "so I'm stuck with $700 with of worthless suspension because you guys told me it would fit". He ask me point blank "so what was your question about"? .

Basicly it came down to they would do NOTHING for me like change out the spindles for the correct ones. I guest it all comes down to who are good companies to deal with and who are not and DJM looks like their one of the DO NOT deal withs...

Last edited by pottz; 01-20-2006 at 06:38 PM.
Old 12-23-2005, 05:20 PM
Are they not going to do anything about it? I would raise hell until I got either my money back or they corrected it and sent me the new stuff.

Old 12-23-2005, 06:17 PM
Did you use a credit card??

Lots of credit card companies now have provisions for this. If you can document everything they can and will reverse the charges if they find that you were not at fault. Give it a try, you have $700 to lose.

Old 12-23-2005, 07:38 PM
I'd go through JEGS. They're customer service should aid you with this problem.

Old 12-24-2005, 08:52 PM
Sounds like a good time to get LOUD and proud in the showroom. I know that in the past I've had occasion to do that in a Ford dealership. The service department tried to take advantage of an elderly friend of mine. He took his vehicle in to have the oil change. When we went to pick it up the bill was $500.

Nothing but the oil changed was authorized. My frustration and volume increased as I moved from the service advisor, to the service manager, to the dealship showroom. At that point the general manager of the dealership asked me to step in his office. I refused. It seemed that with all of those potential customers in the showroom, he became more than interested in solving my problem. We left after paying a $29.95 bill.

Find the time they are the busiest and then take your case to the people in the store. You may also consider an investigative reporter who specializes in people being taken advantage of.

Hunt4Fun

Old 01-20-2006, 06:49 PM
An update on my suspension kit problem, well I got ahold of Stylin Concepts and they have no problem exchanging the A-arms for me. I talked to two guys there and they both told me the same thing, that they have both had customers that have had problems with DJM. They told me that they are considering dropping DJM as a supplier do to that they don't back up their products when they do have a problem and that they seem to always back peddle on things that they have told you that was wrong then they say they didn't say it.

So beware of the companies you deal with I sure do and I hope this will help someone else in the future.

Last edited by pottz; 01-20-2006 at 06:51 PM.
Old 02-27-2006, 12:19 AM
Well it's finally over, Stylin Concepts exchanged my a-arms for me and I finally got the kit installed. BUT, yes a but! good ole DJM again sent the wrong kit. I ordered the 2.1/2 x 4" drop kit and they sent me the 3.1/2 x 5" kit, I was so fed up with it that I just installed it anyways. I do have to admit that it does look pretty cool. Don't get me wrong about DJM, they do make some of the best suspention parts out there but as a company in whole they SUCK!

What's good about their kit is that the front uses a new a-arm only and it just repositions the coil over lower and the rear uses a flip kit that lowers 6" and then uses a lift kit of either a 1" or 2" to get that 4 - 5" drop. This leaves the ride quality pretty much like stock, it does handle better for sure and I did loose some of the tight steering as the tires do rub some on the new a-arms. Over all I am pretty happy with it.

Quick Reply: Beware of DJM Suspension