Noise While Turning Help

Search this Thread

Old 01-25-2006 | 03:37 PM
|
Noise While Turning Help

please help if you can

04 ford expy eb when warm from stop making left or right turn when taking off grinding noise heard and felt in seat and steering wheel good tires 31000 on truck happens on slight acc. any ideas

thanks

Old 01-26-2006 | 06:49 PM
Unhappy Noise grinding noise from steering

I too have a "04 F-150 ext and when warm turning left and right at a stop or moving theres a grinding noise(like pwst pump) and I can feel it in the column and steering wheel. 33,000k. When cold it's not there much, but as it warms up it starts to make noise. What I feel on the wheel is like grinding,humming feel. Taken to dealer 4 times and they said maybe a rack is tight or the power steering pump is bad. But a part needs to be shot before they can replace anything. I made them put a note on my service record about the noise so if it fails after warranty I WILL NOT PAY to have it fixed. Then I had them print it out for me to cya. I think it's the pump. Anyone have ideas I welcome ideas.

Last edited by danielp17; 01-26-2006 at 06:52 PM.
Old 02-05-2006 | 02:11 AM
Lightbulb steering noise problem as well 04 f150 fx4

I am also experiencing the same steering noise in my 2004 F-150 Scab FX4 build date 08/2004. I hear a noise the same as you guys and can feel it in the steering wheel. Very prevalent when moving back and forth and the truck is parked. I took it in for an oil change on Friday and told the service dept. about it as well as my brake shudder when braking problem due to warped rotors. I am supposed to take it back in this coming week - they said they would have to take entire steering column apart and inside around steering wheel to diagnose and it could take 3-4 hrs so and all day thing. I think I found a TSB on this tonight or at least some information. TSB 05-15-01 http://www.alldata.com/tsb/Ford/1123...5-1/index.html

They also wanted to charge me $275 to turn the rotors and replace brake pads. I've got 27k on it and there is a TSB out for the rotors so as soon as I get this work done and know more I'll post it on here.

Quick Reply: Noise While Turning Help