Tell me if my pics look funny to you

Search this Thread

Old 02-15-2006 | 01:29 AM
|
Global Moderator &
Tell me if my pics look funny to you

So check it out, about a week ago, i pulled my bed off my truck so we could get better access to grinding off the hanger, so i could lower my truck.

Well when i was putting everything back together i noticed a hose disconnected near the differential. The guy i was working with says he thinks its just a bleeder hose, but i want to make sure something isnt wrong, it drives just fine now that i put shims in it, but just give me confidence things are okay under my truck.

This is the end of the hose, i tierapped it up so it wouldnt drag on the ground

This is where the hose goes into the back of the axle

Thanks again fellas.
-Patrick

Old 02-15-2006 | 01:35 AM
I wondered the same thing when I did my gears im pretty sure someone correct me if im wrong but that is your vent hose for the rear axel. I asked the tech who did my gears the same thing but mine didnt have that plastic cover around the outside. I am guessing I could be right could be wrong. Good luck with it though...

Brandon

Old 02-15-2006 | 01:40 AM
Yes its just a vent hose for the rear axle...I cant tell you exactly where it hooks up though...Ill look at mine tomorrow and see where mine goes.

Old 02-15-2006 | 10:13 AM
yea thats the vent line for your rear axle it should go into the hole in the bed crossmember you can see the hole in your pic, i made mine longer after the plastic peice that holds it in place broke and just put it farther in the hole so it wont come out

Old 02-15-2006 | 01:25 PM
|
Global Moderator &
So is it going to be alright if i leave it tie wrapped like that? or do i need to try and put it back into the bed crossmember?
-Patrick

Old 02-15-2006 | 05:37 PM
Originally Posted by Patman03SprCrw
So is it going to be alright if i leave it tie wrapped like that? or do i need to try and put it back into the bed crossmember?
-Patrick
I would put it higher up incase you run thru some high standing water. I would guess there is a chance it could get in that way

Old 02-17-2006 | 01:29 PM
|
Global Moderator &
can anyone suppy me a pic with how it is put into the bed? i found a bolt with a plastic ring on it after we pulled the bed, but we couldnt figure out what it went to.
-Patrick

Quick Reply: Tell me if my pics look funny to you