Liftin my Truck

Search this Thread

Old 02-23-2006 | 02:23 AM
|
Exclamation Liftin my Truck

Gotta 97 2wd extended cab shortbed.....thought about goin with a levelin kit for the front 2.5''s with 3.5 spindles..........some blocks for the rear to level it out and then a 3'' body lift....so I guess about 9''s all together??? Was really excited about gettin into the process until I read on here that for the body lift you've got to un hook all kinds of crap underneath the hood and elsewhere(radiator, gas line to side of truck etc.).....Sounds like a NIGHTMARE!!!! Is it really that bad, or am I just worried about nothin??? Is it really that simple that I can just in stall the levelin kit, the spindles, and the body lift and blocks, or is it goin to require some jerry riggin on my part??? I am mechanically inclined but new in the liftin my truck business...any Ideas or words of advice on the process??? Thanks.

Last edited by cominthu54; 02-23-2006 at 02:25 AM.
Old 02-23-2006 | 08:03 AM
The body lift isn't that hard. There are just a lot of small steps. Just buy a Performance Accessories kit. All of the little details are addressed and it comes with great instructions.

Old 02-23-2006 | 10:10 AM
Originally Posted by wandell
The body lift isn't that hard. There are just a lot of small steps. Just buy a Performance Accessories kit. All of the little details are addressed and it comes with great instructions.
i agree, the only thing you might need doing the spindle lift along with a body lift is new longer brake lines in the front, these are pretty cheap for some stainless steel braided ones runs $60-100, good luck

Old 02-23-2006 | 01:21 PM
Im doing the exact same combo of lifts on my 01 screw 2wd!!

What tires do you plan on running? I plan on running 35's not sure what kind tho

Old 02-23-2006 | 08:11 PM
Performance accessories is definitely the kit you will want to buy! If you buy the PA kit nothing will be rigged it comes with everything you need to do it right like steering linkage extender, shift linkage extender, radiator drop kit, fuel fill tube extender and bumper brackets. The body lift is a 5 on the 0-10 difficulty meter. Basically if you are mechanically inclined, have a buddy help you, and if you have a 1/2 inch drive set with some breaker bars and extensions you'll be fine.

Old 03-16-2006 | 01:24 AM
|
thanks

thanks a bunch, guess ill have to look up that PA kit....oh yea I think im goin to try to run some 35's we'll see I like those parnelli jones's...I gotta get this joker up in the air first though!!!

Quick Reply: Liftin my Truck