shocks/airbags for lowered 05 Supercrew

Search this Thread

Old 03-15-2006, 09:58 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
shocks/airbags for lowered 05 Supercrew

My 05 supercrew has the 2/4 McGaughy's kit with the stock shocks. I want to upgrade to a better shock, but one that is made for the lowered application. Any suggestions?

I'm also considering adding airbags to the rear to help when towing my trailer. Has anyone used the air bag kit for lowered trucks?

Old 03-15-2006, 11:31 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Bilsteins would be a good choice for your kit, I am running bilsteins and ground force rear shocks at this time and I am very pleased with there performance. I have the ground force 2/4 kit with the replacement rear leafs. This weekend I went and picked up my new pontoon boat and was a little nervous at first with the drop but after picking up the boat my rear only sqatted 1". I have the factory tow package and I used a 3 1/4" drop hitch flipped over and the trailer pretty much sat level.

stylin concepts does have a air bag set up for towing that I may look into, it bolts to the axel tube and you use the bumb stop bolt to bolt the upper bracket which channels the upper frame. It looks like it should work with the minimum 5 psi in the bags. Hope this gives you some help.

Quick Reply: shocks/airbags for lowered 05 Supercrew