Anyone else get 3" of lift with the 2" AutoSpring front spacers?

Search this Thread

Old 06-14-2006 | 07:56 PM
|
Anyone else get 3" of lift with the 2" AutoSpring front spacers?

I posted this in the aftermarket suspension forum, but 60 are viewing here as opposed to 1 there, so I'm reposting - forgive me.

I can't believe it, but I took measurements this morning and the center of each front tow hook was at a dead-on 17 inches from the concrete. When I got the Lariat home from the shop just an hour ago, the center of each tow hook was at a dead-on 20 inches. I parked in the exact same spot each time.

What's up with that? Is there some settling that will occur? It wouldn't seem that there would be, but I don't really know.

It's rare to get more than what you expect or paid for, but I'll take it! Now I can't wait to get the rear add-a-leafs installed.

Anyone else have this happen?

Old 06-15-2006 | 07:56 AM
If you had measured from a point in the wheelwell, you would have probably seen a 2 inch increase. The towhooks are at the very front of the truck so that is probably why you saw a 3 inch increase there.

Old 06-15-2006 | 10:26 PM
|
yep

Originally Posted by wandell
If you had measured from a point in the wheelwell, you would have probably seen a 2 inch increase. The towhooks are at the very front of the truck so that is probably why you saw a 3 inch increase there.

Excellent point, sir!

I decided to do that much too late into the game, but when I did, there is clearly more space in the rear wheelwell. My initial measurements had the rear hitch receiver dropping an inch after the spacers, too. Now, with the add-a-leaf, I'm an inch above OEM. She looks pretty level overall and will have lots of room for some real meats.

Quick Reply: Anyone else get 3" of lift with the 2" AutoSpring front spacers?