Pro Comp add a leaf couple questions

Search this Thread

Old 06-27-2006, 10:45 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Pro Comp add a leaf couple questions

I just put in a pro comp add a leaf in my 1999 F-150 4*4. I have to say it gave me a nice 1 1/2 inch lift in the back, but I have a couple questions....

1) The add a leaf only came with the leaf pads on one end, the back end, is this normal?

2) Does anyone know the torque value for stock U bolts, they seemed to be about 100 FPs so thats what I torqued them to.

3) The inst kit came with 4 u clamps, I guess is what I would call them, they are placed on the leaf springs to hold them? well the stock truck only had 1 on each of the fronts, with the 4 I put 2 on each side, 1 front 1 back. I was a little unsure how to put them on. I squeezed the spring stack a little bit, put them on and then banged the end tabs over with a hammer. Seems to work. Is this normal, do I need all 4, 2/side?.

4) the centre bolts are like 2 inches to long, well I mean they stick out of the spring stack, I could not see any reason to cut them off, is that ok or does it even matter?

I picked it up at summitracing. Strange thing was the box came with no install kit, so I called them, they had the kit UPS'ed out to me in a couple days.
Over all I found the install a little tough, when I was doing the first side I ended up with the centre bolt head and the hole in the bottom out block off about 1 inch, front to back. After screwing with it for 45 mins I put a strap on it and pulled it forward. It seems to work just fine now, funny thing was I did the other side the same way and had no trouble at all. Of course the other side took 30 mins total.... always they way, do it once spend 2 hours, next time you do it spend 20 mins... TIA

Quick Reply: Pro Comp add a leaf couple questions