Rancho front struts , NEED HELP

Search this Thread

Old 08-07-2006, 07:08 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Rancho front struts , NEED HELP

Ok I got my rancho 9000 front shocks in the mail today. Forgive my ignorance but one of the boxes was torn open and I think I may be missing something.

Inside the box that wasnt torn was the shock, the black collar, a bolt, and a sticker. Also the yellow ribbed plastic thing. Thats the part im missing in the other box.

Im not sure if its used or not. Its round, has 3 ribs, is yellow, and is aobut 2 inches tall. Its also hollow. I wish I could be more descriptive.

I think it may have been in the box to protect something but not sure.

I wish I know what it was. If you have installed these please chime in and let me know if I need them.

Here it is:

Tom

Last edited by tfleming; 08-07-2006 at 07:52 PM.
Old 08-07-2006, 07:34 PM
Banned for Use of Multiple Usernames
Originally Posted by tfleming
Ok I got my rancho 9000 front shocks in the mail today. Forgive my ignorance but one of the boxes was torn open and I think I may be missing something.

Inside the box that wasnt torn was the shock, the black collar, a bolt, and a sticker. Also the yellow ribbed plastic thing. Thats the part im missing in the other box.

Im not sure if its used or not. Its round, has 3 ribs, is yellow, and is aobut 2 inches tall. Its also hollow. I wish I could be more descriptive.

I think it may have been in the box to protect something but not sure.

I wish I know what it was. If you have installed these please chime in and let me know if I need them.

Tom
First, if it is for your 2002 then they are shocks, not struts. Are you talking about the boots that protect the shaft? Maybe post some pictures.

Old 08-07-2006, 07:51 PM
I have a 2004 now, my profile is wrong.

Here is the stupid part I only have 1 of.

http://home.mchsi.com/~twfleming/part.jpg

Old 08-07-2006, 11:50 PM
That is the bump stop. It goes over the piston and prevents the shock from bottoming out. You don't have to worry though because you can go down to autozone or whatever parts store you have and get a new one. It doesn't have to be rancho it just hase to fit like the other one. It also doesn't have to be the same color because the dust cover won't allow anyone to see it. Hope this helps tfleming.

Old 08-08-2006, 07:59 AM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I agree. Looks like a bumpstop

Quick Reply: Rancho front struts , NEED HELP