Superlift 4.5" F.I.T. Series Lift System?

Search this Thread

Old 10-14-2006 | 07:06 AM
Sean Somer... Only 4" suspension? It looks higher than that. You spoke of the truck in PAST tense, did you get rid of it? If so what is your current ride? Post some new pictures... BoB

Old 10-14-2006 | 03:16 PM
BlueOval....Yes i am speaking of it in past tense, it got totaled (rolled) & now i have an '01 Scab Lariat 4x4. Miss the extra room & doors but hopefully ill be gettin a new truck soon.

Id love to put pics up of my current truck but since i have idiotic friends that place my camera ontop of the towstrap in the back seat i cant

sucks cause Id like to have before and after pics since i should be puttin my BL & all tha goodies on sometime this month, and then saving up again & getting another fabtech 6" & wheels/tires (9" lift & 38s)

Old 10-14-2006 | 06:28 PM
Sean Somer... Roll Over, My gosh! of course I must ask, were there any injuries? I hope not. How did it happen? From viewing your truck it looked higher than 4". What size tires were you running? Was it an off-roading accident? Your truck looked nice, even stance and appeared to be in excellent shape. Anyway, now for the new/replacement truck. Is it an exact replacement? ie. same color, same interior, same options? I think you said its a SuperCab verses a SuperCrew... How do you like it? When did this ocurr... I mean am I beating a dead horse or was this recently?

I to do not understand friends somtimes... Personally I take beter care of something when it's mine and DAM Digital cameras have come down in price but they cost 200-400 bucks.

I must add this. I too was involved in a collision; listen to this. My wife and I were on way to beach for a four day get away. We rented a cabin on an island off the NC outer banks... We were all packed an on our way. I had just purchased a new 2006 Lariat Supercrew 4X4. I had it about six weeks. We got eleven miles from our home and some YAHOO pulled out in front us. I think my truck had like 4200 miles on it. The impact bent the passenger side frame rail it two places. It pushed the passenger tire up into the fire wall. I was so pissed. I purchased the truck for (sticker price 42300) 34000 on my disabled verterans X-plan. The guy that hit us had State Farm Insurance... Everything was going bad with the insurance claim and I was just getting more pissed about it. State Farm offered us 24000 they said "When I drove it the lot it depreciated 10000". I could have broke-her-darn neck. We left the state farm office and called our family attorney.... After a letter from him. State Farm changed their mind. They paid off my old truck and allowed us to go pick out a similar truck. I selected a truck identical with a few more options for 43800. Submitted that to State farm and they actually purchased the vehicle and had it delivered to our home... Incredible!! The total money exchanged was like this... State Farm Paid Off old Loan, Purchased new truck, and we agreed to "Not Sue" them and we owe 10000 on the replacement. I agreed to that. Let me know more about your NEW ride... Check out my gallery I have more accident and damge photos there. BoB

Last edited by BlueOval Breath; 10-14-2006 at 06:33 PM.
Old 10-15-2006 | 02:14 AM
BlueOval...D@MN!!! Sorry to hear about that. Glad to hear no one got hurt, & that it all worked out for you.

Now for my story. One night i was going down this road. Usually its 4-lane, but due to construction it was only 2, and on my right theres a very huge & steep ditch. Anyways, it had rained earlier that night and the road was slick. This @ss swerved into my lane, so i slammed on the brakes & swerved a little bit to the right, being cautious to stay away from the ditch. Well, my brakes locked & i went sliding down into the ditch. My truck rolled on the passenger side, & a little bit on the roof. The whole front end was basicly torn off, passenger pillar, door, & roof were crushed (roof was like 6" from the seat). Thank God I had just dropped my gf off cause she probly would of been severly hurt. The rear axle was jammed into the frame & bed. The only things left were my sound system & one wheel (driver rear). To add to things, the driver from the other car came runnin towards me screaming "YOU F*CKING IDIOT, YOU ALMOST KILLED ME! BLA BLA BLA." Of course him & his car are perfectly fine. Then when the cops finally show up he tries to blame the whole thing on me saying i went into his lane & swerved back, but there were witnesses.
Then when i claimed on his insurance (Allstate) it took em 4 weeks to finally contact me & they told me they were going to give me $8000 for the truck. A nice little letter from my lawyer quickly changed that to $15000 which i gladly took, especially since i only paid $10000 for the truck & the lift, etc were free from my dads offroad shop.

Now to my new truck. Its pretty nice but i didnt like having to down size. Where I live its hard to find a nice used f150, within a week theyre sold; so it was either get this truck or wait & hope another one pops up soon. Anyways, its a Lariat like my old one but its solid maroon. I really miss having the two extra doors & extra space, & my screw seemed more responsive & like it had more power than my scab. I mean when i first got it & punched it itd get up & go pretty fast. But my new truck didnt have the same response stock, maybe because an old guy had it
Hopefully soon Ill have all my stuff installed and i can get some pics.
But if I find a nice screw i know ill be getting it cause I always have my truck full and all my friends complain about the leg room.

Last edited by sean_somer; 10-16-2006 at 04:38 PM.
Old 10-16-2006 | 05:15 PM
Well this morning on my way to school i passed the local used car lot & they had a lariat screw & i told myself I'd stop by after school & look at it. Well after school i went to the car lot & walked in & asked about the truck & they told me they had already sold it. Man was i upset. So i get back on the road home when my dad calls me & tells me to meet him at the building for sale in a local town. So I do & when i arrive there he tells me he has two surprises for me: 1. Hes decided to reopen his buisness, & 2. Theres a surprise in the garage. I walk in & what do I see, the same Screw that was at the car lot earlier this morning.

So now i have a new truck. Its a 2002 Screw Lariat FX4. Black w/tan 2-tone.
well mines well just put a picture up.

Last edited by sean_somer; 10-16-2006 at 05:18 PM.
Old 10-17-2006 | 08:32 AM
Sean Somer... WOW!! Thats awesome. And the truck looks imaculate. I am sure you are going to enjoy this new ride. I also hope that you and your dad enjoy running the business together. Good luck and keep me posted on your modifications... BoB

Quick Reply: Superlift 4.5" F.I.T. Series Lift System?