Used Fabtech lift question

Search this Thread

Old 10-18-2006, 04:34 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Used Fabtech lift question

I'm new to lifting vehicles and I've seen used lifts for sale. My question is would it be smart to buy a used one for a reasonable price or should I be on the safe side and purchase a new one. The lift in question is a 1 year old Fabtech. Is there anything that can wear out in a year that would cause me installation/future mechanical problems? Thanks in advance for any replies

Old 10-18-2006, 05:51 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I don't think anything can really wear out other than the shocks. However, since you are not familar with the lifts, it will be hard for you to make sure you are getting every single part. A couple missing parts will cause serious headaches for your installer.

Old 10-19-2006, 10:24 AM
Thanks wandell for your swift reply. As long as nothing (besides the shocks) can really wear out I think I will call Fabtech and have them send me a parts list for their kit so I can check and make sure everything is there before purchasing. Hopefully they will give me the list...

Old 10-19-2006, 01:31 PM
Hey you should not have any problems unless there are missing pieces. No need to bother calling fabtech you can go on there website and download the instruction sheet. Either the second or thrid page has the parts list

Old 10-19-2006, 02:57 PM
Thanks! I'll do that!

Quick Reply: Used Fabtech lift question