?? 3" body lift or....let me kno how u like urs..

Search this Thread

Old 11-27-2006 | 09:23 PM
|
Question ?? 3" body lift or....let me kno how u like urs..

k so righ tnow im putting on a 2.5 AS leveling kit, and 18" moto metal 951 (black) wiht the 325/60/18 (33x13.00). i am mainly puttin the leveling kit and such small tires, bc i dont have the money to put a suspension lift on yet. so i was thinking, for down the road, if i got 1.5 add a leafs, or blocks, and then after that put in a lift,,

either the 3" body lift, (which i have heard veryyyyy bad things about) for around $200.. or, i saw a 3" sky jacker kit, for around $650.. that i have never seen before, and am still not sure if that is just a cheap suspernsion lift, or what.. but my main question....

any one that has a body lift on there new body style f150, do u liek it, how bad is the ride now, does ur bed line up wiht ur cab, is it shifted, etc. anyhting plus or negative about it.. plz let me know..

thank you all, this site has been so much help in the past week or so that i have been a member. thank you again
-david

Old 11-28-2006 | 07:52 AM
I don't have a new body style F-150, but I'm on my third truck with a Performance Accessories body lift and have never had a problem. Most of the concerns you ask about have to do with installation, not the lift itself. If the kit is half a$% installed, you could have all of those problems, but those still wouldn't be as bad as the problems with a poorly installed suspension lift. Also, the ride is not affected by a body lift. As for the 3 inch Skyjacker lift, I'd stay away from it. It leaves your ball joints and CV joints at way too severe of an angle. I've heard nothing but bad things about it.

Old 11-28-2006 | 04:30 PM
|
really, i believe it about teh cheap 3 inch lift.. (sky jacker).. but i have also heard alot of + and - things aobut the body lifts..

i wanna see some other thoughts on it..

thanks for teh reply by the way!
-david

Old 12-01-2006 | 08:30 PM
I love my PA body lift dont have one bad thing to say about it course its on a 97 f150 but wandell said dont half a$$ it and every thing will line up and there wont be any problems took me 13 hrs to put mine on course im a perfectionest even my pinstrip lines up and Im hard on my lift, tough as nails if you ask me even getting air born a few times no cracked blocks or shifted body or any thing deffenetly go with the PA cost me $175 and fit 35's theres the second good opinion about body lifts, o yea and the PA comes with every thing not one part skipped even when UPS delivered a torn up box!

Last edited by dirtdobberoffrd; 12-01-2006 at 08:37 PM.

Quick Reply: ?? 3" body lift or....let me kno how u like urs..