Rize 6" Lift, Is it worth The Almost $2K Premium ?ABSOLUTELY !!!

Search this Thread

Old 12-18-2006 | 01:55 PM
Originally Posted by twstd02
Did Moto Metal's make anything else besides the 951?
ya i think so but you wouldnt know it seeing as how it is the wheel of choice on here

Old 12-18-2006 | 03:19 PM
Suspended
Originally Posted by twstd02
Did Moto Metal make anything else besides the 951?
. . since you have the Mazzi Hulks you really can't talk but alright.

Old 12-18-2006 | 11:21 PM
MrToyMan - can u answere the question we have been debating? what does the front crosmember measure to be from center of lower controle arm bolt to center of the bolt were they used to be?

Old 12-19-2006 | 10:10 PM
Thumbs up

Originally Posted by 06FX4
ya i think so but you wouldnt know it seeing as how it is the wheel of choice on here
Hey '06, the truck looks great! your shop did a nice job

Did you do the AAL in the rear? Bilstiens? New Driveshaft? Let me know, I think I'm about to close the deal on the shop down here that wants to become a Rize dealer by the 31st...

As for wheels... Maybe I'll put the Moto Metals up front & the Mazzi Hulks in back!!!
Happy Holidays all!!!

Old 12-20-2006 | 12:24 AM
Originally Posted by ThumperMX113
Yup, you're right it isn't fair to compare the two because no one else but Rize does what they do to the steering rack.

you guys are either seriously mistaken, or not looking at this the right way... For those of you with rize, you obviously have some more money to burn on your vehicles than others, but are not in the majority.....If I were a guy scraping my pennies to do this...how are you going to justify the added cost of the rize to me when a set up like pro comp/ fabtech, like mine, for significantly less money, will "handle" (Overall) much better than the rize.....Telll me what I'm missing here...will his truck tow a load better with stock suspension?...be as supple and compliant off road? etc etc...and what type of money would it take it to do such?!?!! a couple K more?

I'm fortunate that I don't have those issues...as I'm currently looking at the rize 12...which obviously means I believe they have a nice product with a place on the market...... but to someone who's budget oriented which 99% of people are....and when you compare the two straight up, taking not only the cost benefit, but the handling benefit of some of the afformentioned.....there's no way the rize would come out on top...what would you say to a blue collar guy working for for every penny..go fro the rise..it looks cooler?...My buddy has a rize, I've been in his truck a million times...my truck rides way better offroad....WAY BETTER.. and it rides WAY BETTER when we're pulling our boats....

bottom line....I think if money were not a concern the rize definately gets the nod, for many reasons(almost all of which have nothing to do with performance handling aspects)......for the rest of the public, the afformentioned is a more feasible option...so for the vast majority of the population I'd say the rize is not worth it...... how many vehicles are on the road with rize vs pro comp/ fabtech...I'd say the sales to the consumer speak for itslef..and most in this market I'd like to believe are informed and making educated decisions....so in most peoples point of view it's not worth the 2k..

so the question...... What are the specific PERFORMANCE advantages that make the kit worth the extra money?

Last edited by hotstang46; 12-20-2006 at 12:48 AM.
Old 12-20-2006 | 12:48 AM
Suspended
Originally Posted by hotstang46
you guys are either seriously mistaken, or not looking at this the right way... For those of you with rize, you obviously have some more money to burn on your vehicles than others, but are not in the majority.....If I were a guy scraping my pennies to do this...how are you going to justify the added cost of the rize to me when a set up like pro comp/ fabtech, like mine, for significantly less money, will "handle" (Overall) much better than the rize.....Telll me what I'm missing here...will his truck tow a load better with stock suspension?...be as supple and compliant off road? etc etc...and what type of money would it take it to do such?!?!! a couple K more?

I'm fortunate that I don't have those issues...as I'm currently looking at the rize 12...which obviously means I believe they have a nice product with a place on the market...... but to someone who's budget oriented which 99% of people are....and when you compare the two straight up, taking not only the cost benefit, but the handling benefit of some of the afformentioned.....there's no way the rize would come out on top...what would you say to a blue collar guy working for for every penny..go fro the rise..it looks cooler?...My buddy has a rize, I've been in his truck a million times...my truck rides way better offroad....WAY BETTER.. and it rides WAY BETTER when we're pulling our boats....

bottom line....I think if money were not a concern the rize definately gets the nod, for many reasons......for the rest of the public, the afformentioned is a more feasible option...so for 99% of the population I'd say the rize is not worth it...... how many vehicles are on the road with rize vs pro comp/ fabtech...I'd say the sales to the consumer speak for itslef..and most in this market I'd like to believe are informed and making educated decisions....so in most peoples point of view it's not worth the 2k..

so the question...... What are the specific PERFORMANCE advantages that make the kit worth the extra money?
I couldn't agree with you more, the Rize isn't for people trying to get a cheap lift. I don't see how you think a Procomp or Fabtech kit would tow a load better, well not only better but WAY BETTER, but please enlighten me. I have a friend with a Fabtech 6" with the DLs front and rear, my truck handles our trailer better than his. . probally due to the Bilstein 5150s and Deaver add-a-leaf as well as the steering set-up on the Rize helps a lot on the highway and around corners, doesn't push as hard. Offroad, his coilovers have a better rebound but thats about it. He's still got bump steer where the Rize kit does not. The bling factory for the King coilovers is $1500, not a couple grand which would shoot the Procomp and Fabtech kits clear out of the water. I know people who still don't know about Rize which is a big contribution to you seeing Procomp and Fabtech kits more than Rize's, could also be that Rize doesn't make that many kits for different model trucks. The performance advantages are in the quality of parts, engineering, the main fact you can do whatever you want to your Fabtech or Procomp lift and it still won't steer the way the Rize does.

Simple fact about it is if you're looking for the best lift kit you can buy for your 2004+ F-150, its the Rize kit. End of story.

Disclaimer: Fabtech and Procomp are still good lifts.

Last edited by ThumperMX113; 12-20-2006 at 12:50 AM.
Old 12-20-2006 | 01:18 AM
Originally Posted by ThumperMX113
I couldn't agree with you more, the Rize isn't for people trying to get a cheap lift. I don't see how you think a Procomp or Fabtech kit would tow a load better, well not only better but WAY BETTER, but please enlighten me. I have a friend with a Fabtech 6" with the DLs front and rear, my truck handles our trailer better than his. . probally due to the Bilstein 5150s and Deaver add-a-leaf as well as the steering set-up on the Rize helps a lot on the highway and around corners, doesn't push as hard. Offroad, his coilovers have a better rebound but thats about it. He's still got bump steer where the Rize kit does not. The bling factory for the King coilovers is $1500, not a couple grand which would shoot the Procomp and Fabtech kits clear out of the water. I know people who still don't know about Rize which is a big contribution to you seeing Procomp and Fabtech kits more than Rize's, could also be that Rize doesn't make that many kits for different model trucks. The performance advantages are in the quality of parts, engineering, the main fact you can do whatever you want to your Fabtech or Procomp lift and it still won't steer the way the Rize does.

Simple fact about it is if you're looking for the best lift kit you can buy for your 2004+ F-150, its the Rize kit. End of story.

Disclaimer: Fabtech and Procomp are still good lifts.

I'm not saying that it's not a good kit.....I'm seriously thinking about purchasing the 12in they ever decide to stock it.....and man...thump....you're up late over there on the east coast

I also don't see as how the Pro Comp is cheap...that's really subjective and can only be evaluated on an individual financial basis, however, I've seen many kits cheaper than the 2500K i've spent on mine and only a couple more expensive........but I guess we'll have to agree to disagree and leave it at that...I don't think the rize is the Best kit when taking cost into account, as most do......I don't really see what specific performance attributes that the rize has that's offsets the cost and makes it a BETTER DEAL.....when you factor in uniquesness, looks, etc fine, advantage rize..hence me looking to buy one.....but performance wise....no way..if i'm wrong tell me how...I'm still a truck newbie and I'll be the first to admit it if I am infact mistaken..

What performance wise justifies all the extra money? bottom line is, who's kit is a better deal?

My boy and I both have 42ft fountains....My truck has a noticeable difference in compusure while towing on the highway at 65. ( the boat weighs about 9k)......he has a rize 8in

I still love rize

Last edited by hotstang46; 12-20-2006 at 01:22 AM.
Old 12-21-2006 | 12:47 AM
|
Originally Posted by allrsdup
MrToyMan - can u answere the question we have been debating? what does the front crosmember measure to be from center of lower controle arm bolt to center of the bolt were they used to be?
Sorry been too busy but i will do it this weekend and take pictures if possible. Just hope i understand what to measure, brief description of what to measure or pictures might help.

Old 12-22-2006 | 07:21 PM
Originally Posted by MrToyMan
Sorry been too busy but i will do it this weekend and take pictures if possible. Just hope i understand what to measure, brief description of what to measure or pictures might help.
just measure from were the lower controle arm used to bolt up down to were it does now. basically from the center of one bolt were the front crossmember bolts up down to the center of the lower controle arm bolt on the lower part of the crossmember. like this pic

Old 12-22-2006 | 07:37 PM
Originally Posted by MartyG525
Hey '06, the truck looks great! your shop did a nice job

Did you do the AAL in the rear? Bilstiens? New Driveshaft? Let me know, I think I'm about to close the deal on the shop down here that wants to become a Rize dealer by the 31st...

As for wheels... Maybe I'll put the Moto Metals up front & the Mazzi Hulks in back!!!
Happy Holidays all!!!
ya i got the AAL and bilstiens, i didnt have to get a driveshaft, no vibration at all! cool i hope you get the kit your truck will look sweet! and mismatching wheels would be sweet!

Old 12-25-2006 | 12:56 PM
Originally Posted by allrsdup
just measure from were the lower controle arm used to bolt up down to were it does now. basically from the center of one bolt were the front crossmember bolts up down to the center of the lower controle arm bolt on the lower part of the crossmember. like this pic
X2

Old 01-02-2007 | 06:58 PM
Very nice. Truck looks great. Good review.

Quick Reply: Rize 6" Lift, Is it worth The Almost $2K Premium ?ABSOLUTELY !!!