1.5 Aal

Search this Thread

Old 01-06-2007, 06:34 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
ok thanks, also how much did you get that for? and where,

and about the air intake, honestly, im not sure, i havnt looked them up really, just info on them in general to see what they do, etc. if you recomend one, plz tell me and the price.. i think im goin to get that before the edge.. not sure.

-B.F.D.M.

Old 01-06-2007, 06:38 PM
Technical Article Contributor

I picked up the edge for christmas, and i have been lookin into the 77 series from k&n im just looking for better airflow not so much the power gain (everyone argues which whill give you more power anyway). I see them on summit for like 306 shipped, but its up to you what you want, that is just what i have narrowed it down too.

I got my AAL from summit racing for 136.90 the P# is SJA-R3415

Old 01-06-2007, 06:43 PM
wow, thats kind of alot for a CAI, isnt it? .. could be wrong, but sounds high, and htanks for the help and part number on the AAL...

thanks again, ttul
-B.F.D.M.

Old 01-06-2007, 06:48 PM

Originally Posted by F150_B.F.D.M.
wow, thats kind of alot for a CAI, isnt it? .. could be wrong, but sounds high, and htanks for the help and part number on the AAL...

thanks again, ttul
-B.F.D.M.

I thought the same thing. Im still shopping though. .

Old 01-08-2007, 02:17 PM
Ok I have a question, and just curious if anyone has thought about going this route for the rear. I too just put a 2" AS in the front of my truck and now the front sets a tad higher than the rear. Which I dont mind, to me it kind of makes the truck look tougher that way. But my problem now is when I hook my bass boat up it sags the rear another inch or so which tends to really make the front look like its way taller and is really goofy looking. I dont really want to screw with my ride so I was on Summit earlier looking at the add a leafs when I noticed you can get a 1" lift shackle for about $59 which is quite a bit cheaper than the 1.5" add a leaf. Seems to me that you would save money, would be easier to install and would retain the factory soft ride which is more of what I am looking for. Does anyone see any reasons not to try the lift shackle?

Old 01-08-2007, 06:25 PM
FX4life,
Not to hijack the thread, but was your sig pic taken in TX? Just curious because of the snow.

Old 01-08-2007, 06:29 PM
Originally Posted by RjA150
Ok I have a question, and just curious if anyone has thought about going this route for the rear. I too just put a 2" AS in the front of my truck and now the front sets a tad higher than the rear. Which I dont mind, to me it kind of makes the truck look tougher that way. But my problem now is when I hook my bass boat up it sags the rear another inch or so which tends to really make the front look like its way taller and is really goofy looking. I dont really want to screw with my ride so I was on Summit earlier looking at the add a leafs when I noticed you can get a 1" lift shackle for about $59 which is quite a bit cheaper than the 1.5" add a leaf. Seems to me that you would save money, would be easier to install and would retain the factory soft ride which is more of what I am looking for. Does anyone see any reasons not to try the lift shackle?
I don't really have the answer to your Q, but I can honestly tell you that the AAL kit did not in any way that I can tell affect my ride quality. If you tow a boat, I'd very much recommend an AAL kit. For the money difference, you'd be better off getting the AAL.

Just my $.02.

Old 01-08-2007, 09:49 PM
Has anyone seen a AAL for 3" or 4" I could really use one. Or how to raise the rear 2 more inches I have a 6" block and a 1.5" AAL and want to swap for a 3" or 4" what to do????

Old 01-11-2007, 03:25 AM

Originally Posted by DCinMI
FX4life,
Not to hijack the thread, but was your sig pic taken in TX? Just curious because of the snow.
Yea I live in West Texas particularly the Panhandle in good ol' Amarillo. Probably never heard of us though.

Old 01-11-2007, 03:26 AM

Originally Posted by ALL4FORD
Has anyone seen a AAL for 3" or 4" I could really use one. Or how to raise the rear 2 more inches I have a 6" block and a 1.5" AAL and want to swap for a 3" or 4" what to do????
I beleive skyjacker has a 3,4, and 6 inch AAL. if not you could check out procomp, but idk their sizes.

Old 01-11-2007, 03:31 AM

I don't really have the answer to your Q, but I can honestly tell you that the AAL kit did not in any way that I can tell affect my ride quality. If you tow a boat, I'd very much recommend an AAL kit. For the money difference, you'd be better off getting the AAL.

Just my $.02.
Ill second that, it hardly effects the ride. I actually like it more than the ultra soft factory suspension. Talk about sagging under the weight of a load . .
this is w/out the aal or autospring
[IMG][/IMG]

granted thats a heavy load but the aal was a big help, hardly an sag more like perfectly level when towing now.

Old 01-11-2007, 05:30 AM
Originally Posted by FX4life
Yea I live in West Texas particularly the Panhandle in good ol' Amarillo. Probably never heard of us though.
Of course I've heard of Amarillo. I'm actually somewhat geographically astute. Never been to TX, though.

The real question is: Have you folks ever heard of us?

I swear Bin Laden could live here and nobody would ever find him.

Old 01-11-2007, 11:49 AM

Of course I've heard of Amarillo. I'm actually somewhat geographically astute. Never been to TX, though.

The real question is: Have you folks ever heard of us?

I swear Bin Laden could live here and nobody would ever find him.
MI is Michigan if i remember right? I watched detroit swat the other day, man there is some crazy people up there, but then again if you watch dallas swat there is some weird ppl down here too

Old 01-11-2007, 12:36 PM
Originally Posted by FX4life
MI is Michigan if i remember right? I watched detroit swat the other day, man there is some crazy people up there
Tell me about it. I work in the Michigan prison system. I've never felt better about myself.

Old 01-15-2007, 12:43 PM
Is it necessary and/or did any of you guys with the 1.5" AAL change your shocks? I'm assuming not since I haven't seen it mentioned.

Quick Reply: 1.5 Aal