Working on the 8" Rize kit on a 06 f150

Search this Thread

Old 01-02-2007 | 05:27 PM
Interesting read...

Old 01-03-2007 | 07:16 AM
|
I talked to Rize yesterday and the same block comes with the 8" kit that comes in the 6" kit. So by design, the 6" kit sits level, and the 8" is supposed to sit low in the rear.

The add a leaf is an extra and does not get packaged with any upgrade.

4 degree shims are recomended if you put an add a leaf on top of the 6" block. Stacking the factory block and the 6" block are not recomended since it creates too much block for the 1/2 ton springs.

Thats direct from Rize, not my opinions....

Old 01-03-2007 | 07:36 PM
Originally Posted by ISNMU
I talked to Rize yesterday and the same block comes with the 8" kit that comes in the 6" kit. So by design, the 6" kit sits level, and the 8" is supposed to sit low in the rear.

4 degree shims are recomended if you put an add a leaf on top of the 6" block. Stacking the factory block and the 6" block are not recomended since it creates too much block for the 1/2 ton springs.

good info thanks...i still got to get those numbers for u...

Old 01-03-2007 | 07:38 PM
Alittle offtopic, but great sig allrsdup.

Old 01-03-2007 | 08:01 PM
|
Originally Posted by kingofkings
Alittle offtopic, but great sig allrsdup.

X2.....

Old 01-03-2007 | 09:22 PM
she is a hottie ain't she

Old 01-03-2007 | 09:52 PM
Originally Posted by allrsdup
good info thanks...i still got to get those numbers for u...

I agree. Very good info.

Old 01-03-2007 | 10:36 PM

i may be mistaken but i dont beleive i have any shims on the rear and i ahve the block and AAL and my angle in the rear is fine, i have no vibration or anything.

Old 01-04-2007 | 10:46 AM
|
I did not say that you would have vibs. I'm sure it is recommended to help increase the life and stress on the u joint.

I just ordered the BDS 5.5" leafs for the back so I don't have to run a large block. I want 7-8 inches of lift in the back.... and from what I am seeing, I need to extend my drive-shaft. at 5-6 inches it pulls out of the transfer case enough to wear on the bushing at the end of it. I hate slip yokes! (I know most of you have not done it, and have no issues)

SuperLift also has some traction bars out that I have on order.... Should be nice since I will still have a 4 to 5" block back there..... (I am removing the factory one and cutting the Rize one down.)

I have the front diff out and i am re-gearing it, so by this weekend I can get it back in and button up the front... Other than the few issues with the height Rize wants, and the height I want, its going OK.

A suggestion to anyone doing this lift themselves: Don't get the 5 boxes and take everything out as they suggest to make sure it all came. Their instructions tell you to take certain parts out of box 1 to 5, and if they are out and on the ground, it could get confusing...... I almost removed everything, thank god I did not!

Old 01-04-2007 | 05:45 PM
Wow sounds like you're completely redoing the whole thing. Isn't there another kit that offers what you're looking for?

Old 01-04-2007 | 08:00 PM
|
Rize has a good lift, its just a style I don't like. BDS has a good 6" that raises the rear 5.5 inches... It just a matter of style.... I think when I am done, I will be very, very happy.

I am just going down a road that others have not right now, so it takes some time to get it right......

Old 01-04-2007 | 09:16 PM
Originally Posted by TNoff
Wow sounds like you're completely redoing the whole thing. Isn't there another kit that offers what you're looking for?
Hey TNoff... How did things finally turn out with your water intrusion/submersion? The last I remembered you had major PCM/ECM issues and other electrical concerns. What was the final outcome?

Not meant as a High Jack...Sorry to change the subject. I just have not seen TNoff post lately and was wondering about his truck. BoB

Old 01-06-2007 | 01:37 AM
Rize has a good lift, its just a style I don't like. BDS has a good 6" that raises the rear 5.5 inches... It just a matter of style.... I think when I am done, I will be very, very happy.

I am just going down a road that others have not right now, so it takes some time to get it right......

I think what you're doing is great. You're raising the industry bar. You see things that could be improved upon. it's way I viewed things when I was working on turbo rice rockets. A premade kits always have weaknesses. Unforturnately sometimes it's just a standard that all manufacturers produce by.

Old 01-06-2007 | 01:40 AM
Originally Posted by BlueOval Breath
Hey TNoff... How did things finally turn out with your water intrusion/submersion? The last I remembered you had major PCM/ECM issues and other electrical concerns. What was the final outcome?

Not meant as a High Jack...Sorry to change the subject. I just have not seen TNoff post lately and was wondering about his truck. BoB

I got her back. It cost the insurance/me $7K. I got a new reman tranny, fusebox, pulleys, cleaned up interior, etc. It's running good so far. I missed not having her and I didn't want another truck.

Old 01-07-2007 | 09:24 AM
|
I just got done last night. Still have to regear the back... but the lift is on....

I took a measurment from the ground to the top of the wheel well... I was putting on the same tires and not moving it, so it was easier than the center of the hub.

Stock
Front 37
Rear 39 1/4

After
Front 45 3/4
Rear 47 7/8

Believe it or not. I bought the BDS 5 inch rear spring pack. I stacked it with the 6" block Rize sent me with a 4 degree shim.( I removed the factory 2" block so I have a larger spring leaf set and a 6" block, the rize u botls worked fine this way) I thought i would have to take an inch off the block, but it is perfect. I have about the same factory rake that I wanted for towing.

The springs are not stiff, although i have not drove it, just bounced it. The rear shocks rize sent are not even close to working. I will get the specs and post them. I think it looks sweet....

I should have the tires on and rear end re geared by the weekend.... with any luck....

What are you guys doing to recalibrate the speedo after larger tires and new gears. Does the edge evo work?

Last edited by ISNMU; 01-07-2007 at 09:27 AM.

Quick Reply: Working on the 8" Rize kit on a 06 f150