4 degree.....
good job looks good.

Old 01-11-2007 | 10:25 PM
Man, your Screw is gonna be sweet!

Old 01-12-2007 | 07:34 AM
|
Originally Posted by wandell
Man, your Screw is gonna be sweet!
I have not seen to many King Ranches lifted on here.... I cant wait to get it done and post in the KR forum..

Old 01-12-2007 | 09:40 AM
Originally Posted by ISNMU
I have not seen to many King Ranches lifted on here.... I cant wait to get it done and post in the KR forum..
Post it here also so we could check it out.

Old 01-13-2007 | 06:05 AM
Truck of the Month
Well you are one of the first on here to be installing the kit yourself and you have sound experience. I find it odd how many praises came from those who had the kit installed by a shop, there is another side to every kit. I personally think the kit is a great design and would take it over my fabtech if it had a decent front crossmember. I installed my 6" fabtech on coilovers btw. I am annoyed with the cv angles and how little freedom or flexibility they leave me in raising the front end. Rize on the other hand can be made into a 10.5" kit with just a spacer. I'm sorry you are having problems I wish they designed it a little better for the installer, I definitely hear your frustrations ignore the haters.

Old 01-13-2007 | 09:05 AM
|
Josiah,

The front lift is pretty stout. everything has support bars running to them, and I hope it holds up well..... I do only have one fear, and that it the steering drop. I am affraid of what will happen in a year oor two when the powdercoat wears off and it starts to rust up here in Michigan, but, we will only know that in time...

\If I would have done the front first, you would have seen me come in here with complaints about the back, but I am happy that i got the opinions of others with the kit, and could correct the problem my own way before I installed the front.

Now if bilstien would get me my 7100's for the rear........ and I could get out of some family stuff this weekend I would have it done... but it looks like it will be complete around Jan 18th...

I would recomend the Rize kit over any other i have looked at, BUT, no matter what stance you want, I would get a new leaf pack. the facoty ones are not able to stop the axle wrap. I am still waiting on my superlift traction bars just to make sure....

Old 01-13-2007 | 11:28 AM
Josiah,

The front lift is pretty stout. everything has support bars running to them, and I hope it holds up well..... I do only have one fear, and that it the steering drop. I am affraid of what will happen in a year oor two when the powdercoat wears off and it starts to rust up here in Michigan, but, we will only know that in time...

\If I would have done the front first, you would have seen me come in here with complaints about the back, but I am happy that i got the opinions of others with the kit, and could correct the problem my own way before I installed the front.

Now if bilstien would get me my 7100's for the rear........ and I could get out of some family stuff this weekend I would have it done... but it looks like it will be complete around Jan 18th...

I would recomend the Rize kit over any other i have looked at, BUT, no matter what stance you want, I would get a new leaf pack. the facoty ones are not able to stop the axle wrap. I am still waiting on my superlift traction bars just to make sure....
i have had my kit the longest of anyone here, the steering i can tell u is amazingly smooth, i have had mine since may 12 and it is still in mint like new condition.i have yet to grease the bearings.

Old 01-13-2007 | 01:11 PM
|
Originally Posted by allrsdup
i have had my kit the longest of anyone here, the steering i can tell u is amazingly smooth, i have had mine since may 12 and it is still in mint like new condition.i have yet to grease the bearings.
My thoughts was how it would last a salty winter in Michigan... thats all... Mine will not get drove this winter, but if it does, I will gease that whole area well!

Old 01-13-2007 | 01:19 PM
|
I took these today. The alignment is off bad, but i need to get the regearing done before I get to the shop....

Old 01-13-2007 | 01:24 PM
|
A few more.....

Old 01-14-2007 | 01:30 AM
interesting, your block looks bigger then mine. from what i was told i have not measured it but mine is a 5" block i wonder if rize changed the block size since i got mine.

Old 01-14-2007 | 08:21 AM
|
Originally Posted by allrsdup
interesting, your block looks bigger then mine. from what i was told i have not measured it but mine is a 5" block i wonder if rize changed the block size since i got mine.
Lets not get into the whole mine is bigger than yours thing.....

Seriously, mine measuered 6" exactly....

A 5" would be good with the spring pack also.....

I hooked my maclander with my Jeep on it to my truck yesterday, and its perfectly level when loaded. The front did not raise a bit.... I could not be happier.... I cannot imagine towing with the way it was meant to be set up... With just the block and factory spring...

Old 01-14-2007 | 10:50 AM
Lets not get into the whole mine is bigger than yours thing.....

Seriously, mine measuered 6" exactly....

A 5" would be good with the spring pack also.....

I hooked my maclander with my Jeep on it to my truck yesterday, and its perfectly level when loaded. The front did not raise a bit.... I could not be happier.... I cannot imagine towing with the way it was meant to be set up... With just the block and factory spring...
if u look in my gallery i have a few pics of me towing my quads and my truck is level still but i have the factory block in still. eventually i am going to replace that with a new leaf pack.

Old 01-14-2007 | 05:01 PM
|
My trailer an jeep with equipment are 6900 pounds....... it about 700 pounds tounge weight, probably more depending how forward the jeep is.... Thats a lot...

I need some road time on this to see how stiff it might be, but so far its good on the 4 miles I have oon it in front wheel drive...lol

Last edited by ISNMU; 01-14-2007 at 05:05 PM.

Quick Reply: Working on the 8" Rize kit on a 06 f150