Working on the 8" Rize kit on a 06 f150

Search this Thread

Old 01-15-2007 | 03:47 AM
dont wanna high jack the thread or anything... but if any of you guys have a set of factory 20's that you want to get rid of... i might be interested in them. The truck is looking great man! Can't wait to see it all finished... man seeing all these lifted trucks makes me wanna lift mine.... hmm....

Old 01-15-2007 | 08:43 AM
|
Originally Posted by guitarman502
dont wanna high jack the thread or anything... but if any of you guys have a set of factory 20's that you want to get rid of... i might be interested in them. The truck is looking great man! Can't wait to see it all finished... man seeing all these lifted trucks makes me wanna lift mine.... hmm....
Mine are in the classified on here. They come with the King Ranch covers. You can see the pictures of them, less the covers...

email me nmu98(at)chartermi.net

Old 01-15-2007 | 10:34 PM
with these 8" lifts yall are getting, what kind of things are you going to do with the power? My friend has a lifted truck and the power on it sucks now....i know regearing can bring it back to stock but it costs a ****load and it still looses top speed

Old 01-16-2007 | 08:05 AM
|
Originally Posted by speeddemon13
with these 8" lifts yall are getting, what kind of things are you going to do with the power? My friend has a lifted truck and the power on it sucks now....i know regearing can bring it back to stock but it costs a ****load and it still looses top speed

If regeared properly, you would loose very little speed since your tires are larger. IMHO any truck running 35 or 37's these days needs to be regeared. That will get you most of your power back compared to any other item you can add to your truck. Even IF he went supercharged, he would want the proper gearing... Its an expensive necessity.

I am going to add the edge box. I was thinking of going with Troyer, but I think the cost is excessive for the hardware you get. I have had bad luck with SCT Xcal 2's locking and messing up PCM's, so.... I mostly am doing a programmer to correct my speedo and tranny....

Also, once you get a truck lifted, why do 90mph... Its just not safe.... It is very possible, but just not smart...

Old 01-16-2007 | 08:11 AM
Originally Posted by ISNMU
If regeared properly, you would loose very little speed since your tires are larger. IMHO any truck running 35 or 37's these days needs to be regeared. That will get you most of your power back compared to any other item you can add to your truck. Even IF he went supercharged, he would want the proper gearing... Its an expensive necessity.

I am going to add the edge box. I was thinking of going with Troyer, but I think the cost is excessive for the hardware you get. I have had bad luck with SCT Xcal 2's locking and messing up PCM's, so.... I mostly am doing a programmer to correct my speedo and tranny....

Also, once you get a truck lifted, why do 90mph... Its just not safe.... It is very possible, but just not smart...
i agree.........also i have not done my gears yet and i put an edge on it and the power is better the when it had stock tires..

Old 01-16-2007 | 08:25 AM
|
We have to get you into some gears! I have my carrier out and I need to pull the pinion bearing today... should have it back together tonight... Do you guys want me to do a write up on how to do it yourself? You might have to borrow some tools, or have a shop pull a bearing, but its not hard if you take your time... Its intimidating your first time, but its not hard....

Old 01-16-2007 | 08:39 AM
We have to get you into some gears! I have my carrier out and I need to pull the pinion bearing today... should have it back together tonight... Do you guys want me to do a write up on how to do it yourself? You might have to borrow some tools, or have a shop pull a bearing, but its not hard if you take your time... Its intimidating your first time, but its not hard....
i'm just going to pay my 4x4 shop to do it, comes with warranty that way...

Old 01-16-2007 | 09:11 AM
I think you should do the writeup if you are willing. Could be a very helpful bit of information for a lot of people.

Old 01-16-2007 | 01:43 PM
|
Originally Posted by allrsdup
i'm just going to pay my 4x4 shop to do it, comes with warranty that way...
What are you wating for then, it does not sound like money is the issue

I will take some pics and try to get it together with the info I have. I think its good for people to know what they are paying the shops to do. And know when they have a gear pattern that is acceptable, but half-****.....

Old 01-16-2007 | 03:52 PM
This is a great and informative thread.

Old 01-16-2007 | 10:00 PM
What are you wating for then, it does not sound like money is the issue

I will take some pics and try to get it together with the info I have. I think its good for people to know what they are paying the shops to do. And know when they have a gear pattern that is acceptable, but half-****.....
no im done with my truck for a while i just bought a house that i am remodeling so i can actually move in....and work has been slow lately

Old 01-17-2007 | 07:40 AM
|
Well, randys ring and pinion sent me the wrong pinion seal, So I am dead in the water until I can get a ford one.... Sucks, I want this together so bad I can taste it....

Old 01-17-2007 | 01:24 PM
that blows.

Old 01-18-2007 | 07:40 AM
|
And oddly enough the ford dealer had one in stock... that almost scares me????

Old 01-18-2007 | 09:41 AM
how much does regearing cost?

Quick Reply: Working on the 8" Rize kit on a 06 f150