Working on the 8" Rize kit on a 06 f150

Search this Thread

Old 12-31-2006 | 11:55 AM
|
Working on the 8" Rize kit on a 06 f150

To say the least, I am unimpressed. I have only started on the rear, and I have more issues right now than i want to think of.

First: My truck had a 2" block in the back from the factory. The rize block is 6" and the u-bolts are only long enough to install the rize 6" block, not both. So the rear end only has 4"s of lift.

Second: There is not an angle to the blocks provided by Rize, so my pinion angle is bad, even with only 4"s of lift.... This would not be an issue but the blocks on the f150 have 2 pins, and not one like normal.....

Third. I have cut myself twice on the parts from them. They leave welding wire sticking out, and I have a 1/4 inch deep cut across my whole hand....

What are you guys doing about 1 & 2????????

Last edited by ISNMU; 01-12-2007 at 01:07 PM.
Old 12-31-2006 | 04:18 PM
|
Looking at the boxes they are labeled as 8 or 6 inch lift and they list the different part numbers.... My best guess now is that those are for the 6 inch lift? Since that lift only raises the rear 4 inches?

Old 12-31-2006 | 05:05 PM
i agree
look through all your part #s & stuff
make sure you have the 8" kit
also you can measure the front crossmember to see if its 8" or a 6"

Old 12-31-2006 | 06:04 PM
|
the measurement hole to hole on the crossmember is 8.5 inches.. if I am measuing the right place. The spindle is 28 inches top tp bottom. NONE of the parts have part numbers on them, that would solve this! I dont see how they can know what they are shipping...

Old 12-31-2006 | 06:57 PM
there is nothing wrong with your lift, that what we all have in the back of ours, they only supply u bolts long enough for their blocks because they are not going to want u to stack blocks although u will be fine doing it, i have the factory blocks in the back of my truck still. secondly your pinion angles will be fine u don't need angled blocks. if u did thats what they would give u. most of us that have the rize have had ours installed by a shop and none that i know had a problem with the kit or the rear pinion angles.i was the first to have it and going on 7 months with zero problems and the shop that installed it said it was the most solid kit he has ever worked on. u are not going to find a better quality kit anywhere else. maybe u bit of more then u can chew if u cant even get the rear done yourself.

Last edited by allrsdup; 12-31-2006 at 07:00 PM.
Old 12-31-2006 | 07:10 PM
Truck of the Month
I don't think anyone would try to do a lift themselves without knowing what they were getting into. Maybe rize screwed up, they are human.

Old 12-31-2006 | 07:41 PM
|
I have installed about 35 lift kits in the past 4 years on everything from jeeps to superduties. I work for a company that does reviews on these kits, and I have never seen one that does not have angled blocks, if it even uses blocks. I also know how to set pinion angles correctly, and although you might not be getting any vibes, you could get a lot longer u joint life with a better prepared rear end kit.

It makes no sense that they lift the back 4 inches (6 inch block less 2 inch block removed) and the front 8. That would make the back 2 inches lowwer than the front????? Why make the customer go out and buy new U bolts in order to make your kit right?????

BTW, I worked about an hour and a half to get the rear on..... I did not bite off more than I can chew...LMAO

ALLRSDUP, could you give me a measuement from the ground to the top of your wheel wells front and back. Do you have any rake?

I want to add an ad a leaf to keep the factory rake, so I will be lifting the rear 8 inches and the front 8 inches (one way or another)... not 4 and 8 like they send....

Last edited by ISNMU; 12-31-2006 at 08:43 PM.
Old 12-31-2006 | 07:47 PM
|
I dont mean to beat up on rise. the front end lift looks stout, but i think they really could have done more to make the rear as stout as the front.. IE: a sping pack instead of lifting blocks. The axle wrap you WILL get with the weak 150 springs and big tires will suck offroad.... Or they could have done an add a leaf and a small block........

I almost spit my soda out when you said if you needed it they would have sent it allrsdup..... Look at rough country's lifts... Look at what you did to make yours right... you used more than they wanted you to.... and I would imagine that most places are.....

Lets not fight about this, but discuss it, and find fixes for the issues we have with this kit....

Old 01-01-2007 | 12:24 AM
Originally Posted by ISNMU
I dont mean to beat up on rise. the front end lift looks stout, but i think they really could have done more to make the rear as stout as the front.. IE: a sping pack instead of lifting blocks. The axle wrap you WILL get with the weak 150 springs and big tires will suck offroad.... Or they could have done an add a leaf and a small block........

I almost spit my soda out when you said if you needed it they would have sent it allrsdup..... Look at rough country's lifts... Look at what you did to make yours right... you used more than they wanted you to.... and I would imagine that most places are.....

Lets not fight about this, but discuss it, and find fixes for the issues we have with this kit....
i agree i am not looking to argue, but in all honesty all the lifts for the 04 and up f150's fabtech, procomp,rancho all use blocks and are not angled either. and on my 99 tacoma i had it was lifted 8" also with non angled blocks i had that truck for 30k miles like that before i sold it without a single problem. so i don't know i mean a lot of kits give u strait not angled blocks. maybe it is something that depends on the vehicle.

Old 01-01-2007 | 02:15 AM
i see or install many lifts myself & rarely see angled blocks
i think ive seen some on older gm/chevy trucks
& a few other gms
but i dont recall ever seeing angled on/for a ford truck

Old 01-01-2007 | 08:22 AM
|
4 superduty kits I did, and all the chevy kits had them... here nor there....

What about the issue about raising the rear 4" and the front 8". Since it might be correct according to allrsdup....... Simple issue, to fix, just get ne u bolts, add the factory block, and an add a leaf.....

But I still dont see why Rise would only lift the rear 4" on an 8" kit???

Old 01-01-2007 | 11:33 AM
4 superduty kits I did, and all the chevy kits had them... here nor there....

What about the issue about raising the rear 4" and the front 8". Since it might be correct according to allrsdup....... Simple issue, to fix, just get ne u bolts, add the factory block, and an add a leaf.....

But I still dont see why Rise would only lift the rear 4" on an 8" kit???
thats another common practice, don't forget that rize is located in cali. that is the look out there even cst and most other lift companies make there kits lower in the rear. i agree it is an ugly look but that is just the way they do things. i just kept the factory clock in it as well and mine sits a half inch higher in the rear then the front. the block they supply u should be a 5" not a six. i am a little surprised u have installed 35 lifts like u said and u seem surprised by a lot of common things.

Old 01-01-2007 | 02:59 PM
|
Originally Posted by allrsdup
thats another common practice, don't forget that rize is located in cali. that is the look out there even cst and most other lift companies make there kits lower in the rear. i agree it is an ugly look but that is just the way they do things. i just kept the factory clock in it as well and mine sits a half inch higher in the rear then the front. the block they supply u should be a 5" not a six. i am a little surprised u have installed 35 lifts like u said and u seem surprised by a lot of common things.
I understand the look, and most lifts I have installed I have put in an add a leaf, or an extra 1 inch block to get over level... but 4 inches, thats excessive! I might be a little older than you, so some of the trends from out west might be catching up with me... My block measuerd 6" and i could see stacking them for a 6 inch gain for a level truck....

There are two things on this lift that you call common... and i dont klnow why you want to keep trying to knock me about it, but its stupid....

With 8" of lift in the back, I think I will have to angle the pinion tword the transfer case a bit to avoid vibs, but I agree, with only 4", why worry about it... make sense? I know you have 6", but at what point will you get vibs? Might be 7, might be 10... I will find out and let you guys know...

I guess I am used to Jeep forums where we all work together to solve these issues, and not knock each other... BTW, most jeeps sit level, LOL, not bull doggin.....

BTW, could you get me thos measurements I asked you for? THANKS!

Old 01-01-2007 | 08:22 PM
I understand the look, and most lifts I have installed I have put in an add a leaf, or an extra 1 inch block to get over level... but 4 inches, thats excessive! I might be a little older than you, so some of the trends from out west might be catching up with me... My block measuerd 6" and i could see stacking them for a 6 inch gain for a level truck....

There are two things on this lift that you call common... and i dont klnow why you want to keep trying to knock me about it, but its stupid....

With 8" of lift in the back, I think I will have to angle the pinion tword the transfer case a bit to avoid vibs, but I agree, with only 4", why worry about it... make sense? I know you have 6", but at what point will you get vibs? Might be 7, might be 10... I will find out and let you guys know...

I guess I am used to Jeep forums where we all work together to solve these issues, and not knock each other... BTW, most jeeps sit level, LOL, not bull doggin.....

BTW, could you get me thos measurements I asked you for? THANKS!
no problem i will get those measurements for u tomorrow after work. i know mine sits like a half inch higher in the back. i am not trying to knock u at all im sorry u took it that way it is hard to portray yourself through typing. anyway i have zero vibration as i am now if u look in my gallery u can see i have a lot of pics just click on the little camera next to my post count.

Old 01-01-2007 | 09:08 PM
ya just get an AAL for the rear and you will be sitting perfect
i thought that was included in the kit but i may be mistaken, it may come with the upgraded rear shocks idk but i hope you get it all figured out! post pics when your done!!

Quick Reply: Working on the 8" Rize kit on a 06 f150