DYI Body Lift - The Good...The Bad... and The Ugly

Search this Thread

Old 01-29-2007, 07:37 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by jjenne
The replacment hose for the gas fill was 1 3/8" ID and 1 3/4" OD.
is that the measurments of the one PA supplies, or the one you bought to replace it. Iam looking for the measurments on the one you bought to replace it, the one from autozone.

Old 01-29-2007, 07:40 PM
Sorry... Yes, that's the measurements on the replacement (Autozone) hose.

Old 01-29-2007, 08:03 PM
You might be careful using a radiator hose fro you fuel filler hose. All rubber hoses are not the same. I know someone personally who too his van (service vehicle) to a cheap shop to get his fuel pump replaced. Well, they tore the hose trying to get it off and replaced it witha radiator hose. Two weeks later, he was back getting them to replace the hose wit th correct fuel rated hose because the gasoline had dissolved the radiator hose and he was leaking fuel all over the place. Now that's a fire hazard! I really can't tell you for sure taht radiator hoses aren't rated for gasoline, but I'd be awfully careful. Maybe ask some people at Auto Zone? Then again, you're sorta rolling the dice there too. Good luck and the truck looks sweet!--DIY

Old 02-01-2007, 01:02 PM
Originally Posted by jjenne
Thanks for the compliments. I've added a couple more pictures for those who are considering a body lift. I opted not to drop the hitch, instead I'm getting custom backets made to mount the hitch to the frame.

Complete view

Front Frame plugs

Hitch raised with bumper using custom brackets.

Where did you get the custom brakets for the rear bumper? I hate the way it looks now. I need to do what you did.

Old 02-01-2007, 01:16 PM
Originally Posted by Samson-owns-you
Not to thread jack, but I have a question. I'm doing a 3" on my 93 and was wondering if anyone had any easy ways to get the nast carriage bolts out of the bed. I've tried drilling a few out, even tried a nut splitter with no luck. I've been told heating them is the key, but there are at least two that are very close to the fuel lines/tank and I do not feel comfortable having a torch near those. Also, I have one that seems to have the square "mount" in the actual bed stripped.... ! haha, thanks! BTW your truck looks badass!
For anyone else w/ this problem, instead of doing the above, it was easy for me to shape bolt head to a hexagon w/ a metal grinder and use a rachet set.

Old 02-01-2007, 01:20 PM
Originally Posted by nooq
you say it is intended to go onto the gas cap, from the directions http://www.performanceaccessories.co...ions/70063.pdf page.26, it is showing the red extension they supply, going on to the tank itself, then it looks like that extension is then clamped onto the pipe they supply then on the other end of that pipe, the oem hose is clamped. is this right, or am i missing something? thanks for your help, i appreciate it.

You are right, the red hose go into the tank like instructions state. I did this. There shouldn't be any problems with leaks because the stock hose goes into the purchased pipe, then pipe goes into the purchase red hose, and then into the gas tank. Correct me if I am wrong but gas should flow one way and based on this configuration, the gas won't flow backwards.

Old 02-01-2007, 10:52 PM
Sweet truck Ozesati. Got any more pictures. looking to add a body lift on my 05 to fit some 37 grapplers. thanks

Quick Reply: DYI Body Lift - The Good...The Bad... and The Ugly